Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sibylarterberry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Can I change my mind on lease rewnal after giving moveout notice
    I gave a moveout notice but have come to realze I don't have the strength to pack. I want to cancel my moveout notice. Can I do this? Do I have the right to do this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2010, 12:02 PM

No.

Read your lease but I'm sure you can't - you CAN negotiate a new lease and remain if the landlord consents.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 11:46 AM

You have to talk to the landlord to be certain that he doesn't already have a replacement tenant lined up and to see if he'll renew your lease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of 18 year old giving baby up at birth - changing mind [ 2 Answers ]

Does an 18 year old who had her baby adopted when she delivered. This was arranged by her doctor. No one in the family knew she was pregnant and now a week later she is having such remorse. Does she have any rights? Is there a statue of limitations?

Could I moveout on a 3day notice to pay or quit? [ 5 Answers ]

What could the management charge us for, if I moved out on a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit, in California? Meaning gave up full residency and paid the days occupied. It would also be the last month of our lease. I am having huge financial difficulties and can not afford to pay the rent there...

Can I change mind after giving notice to vacate [ 2 Answers ]

If I give notice to vacate on a month to month rental can I change my mind shortly after say a week or a month. In ontario, canada 60 days notice is needed to vacate and I am moving to another city if I get this job but I have to give notice before I am SURE I get the job can I change my mind...

Sublettee Giving Notice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a sublet-tee who agreed to a 40 day notice on moving out. She also agreed to stay more than just the summer (I live at the beach in California). She moved in at the beginning of May. Now she is trying to leave with only 25 days notice. What can I hold her to? Does she need to pay for...

My landlord keeps on threatening me with a moveout notice [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a small complex in Austin, TX a few blocks north of UT campus. My landlord is VERY adamant about maintaining a "very quiet" complex that never has any problems with noise. Within this complex we have a whole bunch of people--college students and young professionals--that enjoy hanging...

View more questions Search