Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ames Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2006, 12:00 AM
    Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!)
    From My Family Kitchen to Yours..

Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:)

This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller intimate gathering it's best to halve the ingredients.. This is a "No-Bake" Recipe.

Ingredients:

Water 1/2cup
    Gelatine 6tsp
    Cream Cheese 1kg softened
    Castor Sugar 1cup
    Mars Bars 6 chopped finely
    Vanillin Sugar 2tbsp (Masterfoods Brand)
    Chocolate Ripple Biscuits 500gm
    Butter 250gm melted
    Brown Sugar 2tbsp
    Butter 40gm extra
    Thickened Cream 600ml
    Milk Chocolate 120gm finely chopped

Method:
    1. Crush biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter and vanillin sugar process until just combined.
    2. Press mixture evenly over base and side of a large spring form tin. Place on tray and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
    3. Meanwhile combine brown sugar extra butter and 2 tablespoons cream in small saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
    4. Make chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and another 2 tablespoons of the cream in another small saucepan, stir until chocolate melt.
    5. Sprinkle gelatine over the water in a heatproof jug, stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water, stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for several minutes.
    6. Beat cream cheese and castor sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture with sliced Mars Bars, fold in cream.
    7. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into crumb crust and drizzle the butterscotch and chocolate sauce over cream cheese mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through mixture to create a rippled effect.
    8. Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture and sauces. Cover cheesecake, refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
    9. Garnish with extra Mars Bars for effect.

FOR ADDED INDULGENCE: At point 7. pipe half a can of thick caramel in a ring over the mixture before pouring over the second layer of mix. - When you cut a slice you will see a ring of caramel through the centre of the cake. VERY YUMMY!

(If your country uses different measurements or doesn't have an ingredient - Just ask and I'll let u know an alternative).

So what about your favorite recipe?? Could be something really simple or maybe a little hard.. Would love to hear from you!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Wow Ames,

That does sound sooooo good. What time shall I arrive for desert :). Going to print this one out.

Here's a real easy one. A nice side dish, you can serve as a vegetable.

Spinach Casserole

1 frozen spinach package
    2 cups of cooked minute rice
    Velvetta Cheese
    Butter
    Bread crumbs *seasoned preferred
    Salt
    Pepper

Okay you ready? Just make the spinach as it tells you on the frozen package. Drain the spinach. Put spinach in a casserole dish and add just a little butter, some bread crumbs, salt & Pepper.

Slice up some of the velvetta cheese and mix with the spinach and then add the rice.

Mix all of the above together. Then, slice some more of the Velvetta cheese and lay it on the top of the spinach mixture. Put the lid on the casserole dish and place in a 350 deg oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and casserole is nice and warm.

Pretty simple huh? But sooo good.

Enjoy!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BeRo Recipe book [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I am new to this, but this is my question - I am trying to get hold of a recipe - Ruff Puff pastry - from the BeRo Recipe book. Or I would like to get my own copy of the recipe book. Can anyone help?

Recipe Swap! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... I was just wondering if you would like to share your most loved recipe? I thought with people from all over the world, it might be nice to get some new ideas. It can be a main dish, dessert, salad, appetizer or whatever. Anyone? ;) I will have to decide on mine and then come...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

Looking for your best FUDGE recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have a really "great" recipe for fudge? Not the kind you have to use a candy thermometer with, more of a easier one. I'd like to make some for Christmas gift giving, one you have tasted and know its great. Thanks :)

Bero recipe [ 14 Answers ]

I'd like to make flapjacks with cornflakes instead of oats. Somebody told me the recipe is in a Bero cookbook. Can any of you help me? Wildflower

View more questions Search