Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2010, 07:06 AM
    How do you keep your house clean [with pets] ?
    Obviously, you need to sweep, mop and vacuum. Even with that I feel like my house still smells like animal. Do you guys get that too?

If you have cats, what kind of litter do you use to keep the house from smelling like cat litter?

I would always clean the cat box and my house would still smell kind of yuck.

I just really dislike the smell of animal in my house!

What do you guys use? What products? How do you keep your house clean, with cats or dogs?

Thanks!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 15, 2010, 07:56 AM

I mix Arm and Hammer multiple cats formula with the Silica Crystals. When I had two cats I cleaned the cat box twice a day. Also if you have more than one cat, then you should have more than one box.

I also stuck one of those glade lug ins beside that cat box. I found that at least helped with the putrid smell coming from the cat box.
    ckvietok Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 03:31 PM
    I use frebreeze air fresheners,and odor fresh step cat litter! There's also a ton of other products you can check out online by searching on Google things like: pet odor eliminator, and cat litter box odor eliminator! Hope this helps! :)
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 05:28 PM

Glade plugins beside the cat box, I also use a litter locker. Look it up, it's great.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2010, 05:30 PM

Febreeze fixes everything
    macdoncl Posts: 55, Reputation: 7

Jul 6, 2010, 03:33 PM

I use silica crystals for my cat and clean the litter box every day and I never have a problem.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 07:16 PM

Open windows and frequent mopping and wiping help because bad smells seem to cling to the dirt. I also make sure the cleaner I use is neutral unless I plan to rinse.

Oil diffusers work well. Mint, bergamot, grapefruit and orange oil go a long way towards freshening the air.

I wish the makers of Febreeze would make an unscented variety.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 09:31 PM

I have poodles, so no smell unless they are wet and then it goes away quickly.
    The worst I have is small pieces of bark on the off white carpeting on a daily basis.

I do have a whole house fan, so maybe it is sucking the smell out.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2010, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm actually using every single one of them.

I know it works because I've had people come over and say "...you have pets?" haha! I'm just happy my house doesn't smell like a barn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What fallacy does this fall under, You look like you like a clean house [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a hard time determining the falling phrase to which fallacy it falls under. You certainly look like someone who likes a clean house

Tenant clean house after move in [ 5 Answers ]

Odenton, MD. I'm renting from a property management agency who rents on a first come first serve basis. I missed out on a beautiful townhouse "A" by one day. After I had Gotten the certified security deposit check and the certified rent check. So I chose townhouse "B" because my furniture...

Pets peeing in house [ 18 Answers ]

How does people get their dogs not to pee in the house. I have chihuahuas and cockers. We take them out and as soon as they come in the pee and poop. What can I do?

Can I use house clean out to dump RV waste? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I am considering purchasing an RV waste pump that claims that you can run the garden hose waste hose to your house plumbing cleanout. I want to make sure you can really do this before I purchase it. I have a large cleanout cap in my garage. The pump mashes the wasted...

Magic to clean house [ 13 Answers ]

Does Anyone Know Any Good Magic Spells To Clean My House?

View more questions Search