Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bussee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 06:20 AM
    Briggs and stratton
    Our neighbor has a Riding lawn tractor with a B/S engine... 28N707 type: 0150-01 code: 9409124A. The engine starts pretty good however after only 30 seconds - 1 min. the exhaust pipe becomes "red hot" WHY? In addition to that when he is ready to shut down the mower (idling it down) it backfires with a blue/yellow flame. Why??
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 16, 2010, 06:04 PM

Hi,
    Air cooled engines get very hot. It could be that it has a little trash in the carb making it a bit lean or that it has a partially sheared flywheel key that has changed the timing a bit.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 hp briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton won't start, jusy spins and backfires. Ive checked all I can think of. HELP

14 Hp Briggs and stratton [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 Hp twin Briggs vanguard model#is 294777,And Im looking for the carb adjustment,can anybody help me w/that?

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Poulan 38" cut rider with a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp engine. It is about 6 or 7 years old and has always ran great and has had regular maintenance (oil change and plugs, kept out of direct weather). It sat in the garage for about 2 months due to illness when my wife decided to...

Briggs and stratton [ 6 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton lawnmower was running great then started spluttering. Cleaned air filter changed spark plug still the same. Spark plug goes a sootie black colour in 30 secs. Also its pulsing badly with a bit of black smoke. Any help welcome ...

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

View more questions Search