Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwkwan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 09:14 PM
    How to replace the receiver in the ceiling fan
    Want to replace the receiver from the Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan is attached to a downrod. Do I need to separate the fan assembly from the downrod to get to the receiver?
    hwkwan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 09:18 PM

I want to replace the receiver in the Hampton Bay ceiling fan, model 523 342. The fan assembly is attached to a 5 foot downrod. Do I need to separate the fan assembly from the downrod to get to the receiver.

Could anyone answer this question or offer some previous experience.

Thankws
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 15, 2010, 07:08 PM
    Not sure anyone here can answer a ceiling fan question. Maybe you should re-post on the electrical pages. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote receiver test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control that will not work. There is power to the fan. Is there a way to test the remote control receiver located in the fan or can it be bypassed?

Replacing electronic receiver in ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get into the Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan to replace the Electronic Recever? The light comes on by itself (remote control) and the dealer sent me a replacement 'electronic receiver' (LER-01) #154634.

Can I use a ceiling fan receiver/transmitter for a regular light? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok... the subject of this question might not be 100% correct... let me explain my problem. Currently, we have a ceiling fan/light in the center of our living room. The only way of controlling the fan or light is via a remote control unit (standard Hamilton Bay type thing). I need to remove the...

Ceiling fan with receiver, wiring issue [ 4 Answers ]

This will probably be the first of several posts. My house was built in the 70s, most likely by people on acid. :D I have removed my ceiling fan from the ceiling and the wires WERE as follows: Black to Black White to White Blue (fan) to Red (ceiling) My new fan (Hampton Bay Vercelli)...

Installing a remote receiver in a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay receiver in an existing ceiling fan, model unknown. I have three wires coming out of the ceiling: black, white and red. These are connected to the fan wires: black to black, white to white and red to blue. The receiver only has two input wires: black and...

View more questions Search