Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katididdle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 06:04 PM
    Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?
    Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2010, 06:11 PM

Most to be honest show up in jeans and T shirts, but you can wear what you want. Remember it will only last about 3 to 5 min. In some courts you line up by the door, go in and come right out.

Also have you considered something at your home with family, our local pastors do a inhome wedding for about 100 dollars.
    rstella Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 AM

It's your wedding - wear what you want! You determine what's appropriate and inappropriate at your wedding.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 7, 2010, 07:38 PM

I would do it simply BECAUSE most people wear more casual clothes.

Is this type of wedding your choice? What's the desire to wear a wedding gown if you desire such a casual quick wedding? It seems that you may be compromising, is that accurate?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2011, 08:22 PM

If you want to wear a gown, wear a gown but I would probably keep it simple - no train, I'd skip the veil and would not get anything too voluminous because those types of gowns, I feel, are more fitting to a larger venu. But if your dream is a fluffy gown, go for it... it's your day.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2011, 07:56 AM

Thread closed. This is a year old. The OP either did or did not wear the gown. She never returned to tell us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Wedding Gown [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Maria, I am having a military wedding next year Sep. I decided that my colors will be Alsmeer Gold and Navy Blue Because of the groom's Class blue uniform. I chose sunflowers and Hepatica nobilis they look perfect together. My bridesmaid I would like to see them In Navy blue dress with...

Wedding Gown [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 30 years old and has lived on her own for over 10 years. She has owned her own home for 10 years. She is getting married in June and she and her fiancé had their wedding arrangements and plans all made when they announced their engagement to the family. Her father and I have been...

View more questions Search