Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nozama8087 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 09:26 PM
    Furnace won't stay on
    I can't get my furnace to stay on unless I have it all the way up. I just replaced the thermostat what could be wrong
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Jumper the R and w terminal at the furnace. If the furnace doesn't come on and stay on until you remove the jumper, the problem is in the furnace. If it still cuts out, you need to observe what happens at the time. Does the power on light go out? Does the blower of gas go off first, etc.

If it stays on, and was doing the same thing with a new thermostat, I would look at the wiring very carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stay or Go? [ 35 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 11 months. I recently discovered that he's been talking to another woman behind my back (the second time in three months and a different woman from the first time). The first time this happened he explained that he was talking to her for a friend. I let it...

Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat. When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can...

HEIL furnace will not stay lite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a older heil furnace (Model#867.769445) about 20 years old. When the pilot turns on after a few seconds the burners light, then after a second or two they shut off, on again, and off. They will do this continually until finally they stay on or the furnace stops trying to heat. I have also...

Should I stay or should I go? [ 8 Answers ]

I found out about a month and half ago that my boyfriend of 10 months has been cheating with a woman he works with. I must admit I was in the wrong because I found out by snooping through his cell phone records. He was seeing a nurse at the hospital where he works. When I initially found out, I...

Furnace Blower won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not staying on. I can set my thermostat for say 74 degrees and the furnace will come on normally. I can hear and see the furnace on, but it takes roughly one minute (ive timed it) before the blower comes on. I know the minute delay is pretty normal;...

View more questions Search