Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    didi21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Pregnancy or Marriage??
    :confused: I'm 37, married w/ a 3 year old and I just found out I am pregnant again, I am approximately 6 weeks... problem is my husband is not happy and he is making me miserable, he wants me to have an abortion but I want the baby. Its my body my choice, what would anyone do in my position??
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 08:01 PM
    Have the baby. It is your choice and your decision. Keep your baby. If you do not you will regret that decision every moment of your life. He needs to take responsibility. You will also be given your 3 year old a brother or sister. What a blessing having a baby it is. Beautiful experience. Do not let anybody take that away from you.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 08:07 PM
    Your husband has as much compassion as a bag of bricks. This decision must be tearing you apart. If it were me, I would not have an abortion. When the time for delivery came and my husband still did not want that child, there is the option of placing the child for adoption. But I am not in your shoes. It is totally unfair for your husband to make you choose between him or the life you are carrying. What are some of his reasons for wanting the abortion? Does he understand your feelings? It does not look like it.

Can you get him to agree to go to marriage counseling with you to discuss this? He needs to realize the trauma you will go through if he makes you have an abortion and how that will affect the marriage. Am so sorry you are going through this. Whatever you do, please follow your instincts and stand your ground. If he is this uncaring, is he worth it?
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Dec 7, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Hi didi21, my husband wasn't happy when he found out I was pregnant either, but he didn't say anything about me getting a abortion. He acted like he didn't want anything to do with our baby I told him I don't need him to do anything for me or our child we argued a lot through my pregnancy about this and everything else, then I told him to leave our home if things are going to be like this in our marriage. He didn't want to leave and later he did I was happy and sad at the same time because I assumed we planned this child together, but I was wrong. In sept he apologized to me for everything then I let him come home after 2 months of being separated from each other, his attuide changed about our baby. I found out he was scared because this is our fifth child and he thought we couldn't do it. Now she's here and he know we can do it, don't give up your child for anyone no matter who they are, I'll be praying for you. : ) net
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2006, 09:59 PM
    While I firmly respect the vows of marriage, and think there needs to be flexible agreement on what you think your life will be, he is going too far.

I would make it simple for him. He can keep his vows and love his second child or he can move on, but in no case will you abort your child.

And id hold a pretty hard line here. If he thinks he can hang around and grump about it... no. again, either be engaged in the marriage or not.

I know its not that simple for you. You have a child and one on the way. You could use his support more than anything right now. But if he can walk away from this, then he's just looking for an excuse.

I'm telling you, if I ever did that to my wife, shed probably have my bags packed by the end of the day.

My cousins hubby wasn't thrilled when she became pregnant with her latest, the 5th in a full house. But they settled in, worked it out. But he never pushed her to abort the child.

So sorry you have to go through this. Hope hell get his head out of you know where sooner than later.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 7, 2006, 10:04 PM
    Have the baby... Honey. Your husband is not connected to any child emotionally so, he will make a decision that will seem real insensitive. You will however, hate this man... your husband for forcing you to make such an horrible decision.

Have him view this website:
    http://www.bible.ca/s-Abortion.htm
    kerryAR Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Do what is in your heart, you will know what is right. By the sounds of things you both need to talk about your future with or without the baby. The most important thing is you do what ever you want and can live with. Doing what he wants and not what you want could effect you emotionally for the rest of your life. X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

My marriage [ 13 Answers ]

I am new to this. Ive never come on line to ask for advice, but I feel I have no where else to go. A brief summary. My husband and I have been married for 4 years now. We dated for another 3 years before we got married. Im 29 and he is 31. All started nice and sweet, I mean sometimes its still...

Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How does the Catholic church view marriage between a Catholic and Baptist? Thank you for your response to my question yesterday.

Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé was put on probation almost 5 yrs ago. It was for a burglary that had taken place when he was 16. He is now 23 y/o and only 6 moths left on probation. We wanted to get married this winter, but his probation officer told us that she has to approve him to get married. I cannot find anything...

Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24811 The above link is a question about money in a relationship. It turned into a religious discussion by one member. My question is: Are all marriages considered to be "religious ceremonies"? A marriage in a Church is usually considered a...

View more questions Search