Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdodgepuppy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:35 PM
    I bought a trailer; people still living there. How do I get them out?
    I bought a mobile home with people still living in it, that refuse to move. The previous owner sold us this place by buying out their contract cause they have not made a payment since this last February. The previous owners have already contacted an attorney about us buying the place and he said that they could sell the it to us, and we did buy it. The place is in our name and I want to move into it with my son. How do I go about evicting them so we can move into it? I live in Iowa.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2010, 02:40 PM

Hello sd:

You have to evict them according to the landlord tenant laws of your state. We have copies of them at the top of the real estate page on a sticky note.

excon
    mineedhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2010, 02:42 PM

You need to file a "eviction notice with the courts" and serve them to the occupants. And take them to court. When the courts evict them they usaully get like 7 to 30 days to move. And if they still have not left the premises you can have a sheriff remove their belongings. Whatever you do though. Don't remove their belongings yourself as this sets you up to be sued in court. Good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 03:47 PM

When you bought it, you got a title and you have taken the title to the court house or DMV and registered it ?
    sdodgepuppy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 05:40 PM

Yes we have. It is in our name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horse trailer living quarters [ 5 Answers ]

I am doing the L\Q's in my trailer. After installing the insulation can I screw the panelling directly to the aluminum tubing or should I put a strip of wood over the tubing first? I heard without the wood stripping the condensation off the tubing will cause the panelling to rot. If that is the...

Ex bought stuff for the house when we were living together now wants it all back [ 1 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy who I let move in with me. He was told by his two roomates that he had to be out by the end of the month (2 weeks). He could've gone back home but at the age of 23 didn't want to so I let him move in with me until he got on his feet. He helped me out a lot with bill's and a...

People without lease living in Mom's house, not paying [ 3 Answers ]

There is a family living in my Mom's house (she passed away in July) who are not paying. They had a verbal agreement with my Mom to pay rent and utilities, but are $3,600+ behind. My Mom was going to tell them to leave but died before she got the chance. The house is now part of her estate and...

Animated film about people living underground [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I remember I saw this movie in 90s, it was about people who lived underground I think they were green, and boy and girl tried to get out from under the earth, during their journey they found subway, rat-people? And finally when they were outside they had to fight with giant snake. Does anyone...

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

View more questions Search