Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Donating marrow
    I keep seeing and hearing all these ads for becoming a marrow donor. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever donated marrow? And if so, what was it like? I'm thinking about maybe signing up to be a donor. But I'd like to learn more about it before I do.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 01:31 PM

Hi justy, that thought is very generous of you. There are many people who need bone marrow transplants and on waiting lists. I could explain but there is a website that will tell you all you need to know. It is a very involved procedure to go through.
    How to Donate Bone Marrow - wikiHow

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donating Eggs [ 2 Answers ]

What are the requirements for donating eggs? And where would I contact for something like this?

Can you tell me what hematopoietic marrow is? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a mri done and that is what the radiologist wrote in the report

Petrified bone marrow? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of bone marrow that is practically petrified? During a total knee replacement my surgeon had to drill out the bone marrow. Yet neither the pathologist who examined the bone fragments, nor the hematologist who I saw can find any evidence of a bone, bone marrow, or a blood...

Bone marrow donations [ 2 Answers ]

I am a regular blood donator, and at my last donation I was given a leaflet about donating bone marrow. After looking through the leaflet, I felt I may be interested in registering with the blood marrow registary. I am only 18, and I don't know too much about the procedure or anything, but I was...

Abnormal Bone Marrow [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 52 year old woman and I have been having lower back problems. I had an MRI and they found I had bone marrow. I then had a body scan and it showed nothing. Should I be concerned or is this normal to have back problems with abnormal bone marrow?

View more questions Search