Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DenverMami143 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2003, 10:41 AM
    I Miss Him Already!!
    I've recently been dating this guy I've known for almost 6 years. We've always gotten along really well and used to date when I was a lot younger. We stopped talking for a couple of years while we were both with other people. We reunited about 6 months ago and hit it off even better than it was before. I know he cares a lot for me and he says he loves me more than once a day. Just a few days ago he broke it off and told me that he just wasn't ready for the commitment thing because he would put off his friends sometimes and hang out with me or he'd put me off to be with them. He said that he was only doing it to be fair to me and he didn't want to disappoint me by cancelling plans to hang out with the boys. He says he's not being a good boyfriend and that he's not treating me like he's used to treating a girlfriend. Are we going to be together soon? I talked to him yesterday and he was so nice as if nothing had changed and we were still together. Should I ask him back out or will he ask me to be together again? I miss him like crazy and I want to know if he is thinking about me or moving onto something else. He's one guy I could easily picture myself marrying, he's so sweet and we have never even really fought about anything I know we're both so happy and content when we're spending time together. I just don't get it! I don't like the reason he gave me for breaking it off and I don't know if he's being honest or not. (if it helps his dob is 10-28-79 and mine's 12-20-82) Please help me! :(
    neyadhish Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2005, 02:08 AM
    Don't be upset DenverMami143
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverMami143
    I've recently been dating this guy I've known for almost 6 years. We've always gotten along really well and used to date when I was a lot younger. We stopped talking for a couple of years while we were both with other people. We reunited about 6 months ago and hit it off even better than it was before. I know he cares a lot for me and he says he loves me more than once a day. Just a few days ago he broke it off and told me that he just wasn't ready for the commitment thing because he would put off his friends sometimes and hang out with me or he'd put me off to be with them. He said that he was only doing it to be fair to me and he didn't want to disappoint me by cancelling plans to hang out with the boys. He says he's not being a good boyfriend and that he's not treating me like he's used to treating a girlfriend. Are we going to be together soon? I talked to him yesterday and he was so nice as if nothing had changed and we were still together. Should I ask him back out or will he ask me to be together again? I miss him like crazy and I want to know if he is thinking about me or moving onto something else. He's one guy I could easily picture myself marrying, he's so sweet and we have never even really fought about anything I know we're both so happy and content when we're spending time together. I just don't get it! I don't like the reason he gave me for breaking it off and I don't know if he's being honest or not. (if it helps his dob is 10-28-79 and mine's 12-20-82) Please help me! :(
    It always happens in relationships. You can ask him why he is acting that way. I rememeber, I had to break off my relationship, cause she was planing to convert me to her religion. I never could open up to her about my objection to it, and I just had to tell her that I was a changed man, and I was seeing someone else. I literally had to lie, which I hate the most, and you know that one lie leads to another. It was not easy, you know. I still miss her, and we are still friends. But if she would ever seriously ask me about the reason, I would have told her. It is surely the communication that makes it work out. Trust me! All men are not liars.
    Just open up and ask him for a friendly date. Just ask him what's wrong, and assure him that you'd understand whatever he says, even if he is seeing someone else. At least you'll be able to move on without a doubt...

Good luck... :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 05:01 AM
    Move On?
    Hi,
    I am not a psychic, or mind reader. I doubt if there are many who are... maybe just a few.
    But, he has already told you he is not interested in a serious relationship.
    He is being honest with you, which is "rare" sometimes.
    It took me 2 yrs to get over a girl I was in love with, many years ago.
    If you wish to keep in contact with him, like everyday, it will surely keep you upset, and wondering what to do.
    I would suggest not contacting him, leave him alone. Don't call him, don't email or message him, etc.
    He is the one that has to make up his mind when he is ready for marriage!
    And, he isn't now. and he isn't sure you are the one for him, either.
    You can take your mind off this, somewhat, by keep dating others, meeting new people. Talking with others really helps... gets your mind off him for just a little while.
    I do wish you the best, but you have to realize that you can't "make" him want to get married, and the more you try, the more it's going to hurt you, and possibly drive him away for good.
    Only time will tell if this was meant to be.
    Katiy Posts: 56, Reputation: -3
    -

Nov 15, 2005, 05:31 AM
    Yes
    Yes, it's nice now, and then it won't be. You don't understand, he isn't going to give up his friends for you. It may not be a problem for you now, but it will be later.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2005, 07:42 AM
    My advice along with others is that he does not want to give up his time with his friends. Does sound like a very poor excuse. If you guys got along together so well and everything was good well to him obvously it was not good enough because I know when I was interested in my friend(Girlfriend) Now wife I enjoy spending most my time with her, I could not care a less about going out with the guys. That is just me though. Please let go, if he feels torn and can not be without his friends, but he does not mind being without you. Well you can see that will be a big problem.

Hope this helps.

Joe
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Nov 21, 2005, 07:27 AM
    DenverMiami123
    Dear misguided soul. Drop him like a HOT ROCK! Hindsite is always 20/20. You 2 have been together many lifetimes. Too many, break the chain now so your poor tired soul(for centuries now) can move on now and not be subject to the lifelong torture you felt over trying to have a relationship with someone so flighty, so many lifetimes you have tried.
    He is not a keeper, as I call them. He will never be loyal to any female he is with. Its called lust not love or affection. Many many lifetimes ago you 2 had an affair with each other. This is and will always be the energy. The energy of an affair is nothing to base a relatioship on, sorry. Peace ranieri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I miss my ex [ 7 Answers ]

:( helo! wel i was just wandering if i am ever going to get back with my ex boyfriend. i dumped him, over silly reasons, and he said he couldnt get back with me, and we finished for good. but i still so much in love with him. he has a new gf, but about 1 month ago, he said he still loved me. havent...

I miss her [ 3 Answers ]

My parents don't let me date but I have a girlfriend anywayz. We haven't even gone on a date yet cause I have no one 2 drive me 2 wherever I want to go.we live like 40 min away from each other. I do we go on dates

I really miss my ex [ 31 Answers ]

Ok, I was dating a guy for almost 2 years. He isn't my first love but my first proper relationship, physically and emotionally. For almost 2 years things were amazing, we had our fights, obviously, but I was always grateful of him, I could never believe my luck that I had him. However, we both did...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

View more questions Search