Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aesthetic9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Birth Control Pills. Started with no condom. Finished with condom. Pregnant?
    [The Information]:
    My girlfriend and I have been having sex fairly often for a little over a year now. She has been on Yaz birth control for a year and she has never missed a pill. She was late on one pill 2 days ago because we were out of town and got home late that night. She normally takes them at 10pm, this one she took at 2:30am. Tonight, she took the second pill of the third week of her pack.

[The Situation]:
    We have used condoms every single time until tonight (3 hours ago). We have always wanted to know what it feels like without a condom, so after much debate, we agreed to just try it. Just to see how it feels. I wiped whatever semen or "pre-ejaculate" I saw off myself before we started. We began having sex for maybe 20-30 seconds without a condom. (It felt amazing!) I told her I had to stop and I was panicking because the idea of pregnancy at this stage in our lives is still frightening. So I pulled myself out after those 20-30 seconds, frantically and carefully used my finger to wipe out anything I got inside her that I could comfortably reach, (I did not ejaculate, but I'm sure I'd be a fool to think I did not get anything inside her), wiped my hands off on the sheets, and put a condom on. We finished having sex after that. The condom did not break.

[The Question]:
    I'm a worrier. I've been reading miscellaneous forums for an hour now, and I'm reading that a lot of girls allow their partner to ejaculate inside them completely while they are on birth control pills. I know that the pills are not 100% effective and I know that there is always a chance; even with 2 forms of birth control there is a chance. But what I'm asking for is an opinion. If you can piece together the information with this situation and put yourself in it, answer me this... in your opinion, with regard to pregnancy, are we safe?

She keeps telling me that she's sure we're okay. I trust her confidence to an extent, but I'm the type that needs an outside, second opinion on matters such as this.

Also, if you truly feel that I need to be worried, what is the next correct thing to do in order to ensure our safety against pregnancy?

Your honesty will be greatly appreciated.
    If I left out any information that would be helpful, please let me know.
    :]

[Additional Information]:
    While it did feel amazing, this has been too much for my worrying mind, and I've promised her that it's absolutely not a letdown to go back to our usual routine of using condoms every time. As long as I've got a fresh, ribbed condom, and she's happy and comfortable, I'm in heaven while we're having sex.

*Forgive me for the lengthy post, I'm rather long-winded and highly detail oriented. Didn't want to leave anything out.*
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 13, 2010, 03:42 AM

I do not mean to laugh, but you really are a worrier. Stop it, you're fine. Perhaps this isn't the best thing to tell you but with or without condoms you can get her pregnant. With or without birth control you can do it too. And doubling up on any of it doesn't matter. If one form of protection isn't enough, the others won't be either.<-a sex ed teacher told me that one. In this case it sounds like you are pretty safe. I mean you've never gotten her pregnant. Before and I doubt very highly that the 20-30 seconds you were without a condom you passed much of anything except a little blood. (this is normal as your penis would be filled with the stuff and it excretes tiny amounts anyway.) Most pre-ejaculate is simply lubrication. Yes it does contain a small amout of sperm too but it is so small that the females spermacide would most likely be plenty enough to kill them.

Many couples try countless times to get pregnant. But just can't do it. Others have sex once and boom here come twins. Its totally hit or miss, and nearly completely random. There are suspected ways to increase your chances yes, but if you protected her from the "main stream" then it is unlikely that you impregnated her. Very highly unlikely by the way.

My opinion is that you really do not have much to worry about so just relax. But also remember that if on the extreme off chance you did get her pregnant, a baby is a wonderful gift no matter when it comes and you need to man up and take care of your own. :) but like I said, I doubt very highly that you have anything at all to worry about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2010, 04:35 AM

No one form of birth control is 100 percent, even using two forms is not 100 percent, so every time you have sex with her on birth control and a condom, there is always a chance, a small chance but a chance.

When you miss a pill or don't use a condom ( for even one entry) it makes the chances bigger and bigger.

I guess the issue is what type of gamble do you like, if it was a gun, and there was a one in 1000 chance that you had a bullet, would you pick it up and pull the trigger at yourself ? A one in 10,000 chance, while most likely no, there is that chance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex without condom but pulled out. Because pills affected by antibiotics. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been taking birth control for over a year now. However, I had an ear infection over XMAS and was perscribed penicillin (antiobiotic) that may have affected my because. I was on the ab's from dec 29th - jan 4th. I had my last period on Jan 6th. I then had sex the following week or so without...

Pregnant using sperm from a condom [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is possible to get pregnant by pouring sperm from a condom into my vagina?

Only recently started taking the contraceptive pill and had condom fail. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi people. I started taking the contraceptive pill 9 days ago. I know it's not effective right away, so my boyfriend and I have still been using condoms. But tonight, the condom disappeared. Apart from the fact that I'm worried it could now be stuck inside me... I'm not sure whether I'm able...

How long after being off birth control pills can I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children. The youngest is 10. My husband and I are trying for another baby. I have been on Birth control pills for the past 10 years now. I stopped taking them 6 months ago and still am not pregnant. With my second and third child I was off the BC pills for only a month and got pregnant!...

Condom fell off could she be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I had sex the other day the condom fell off and we didn't notice until a few min later. I didn't ejaculate in her . Actually I didn't at all after finding out that it had come off . She says that her period is due to start in about 5 days from when it happened . We decided not to do the morning...

View more questions Search