Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djkklein19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Tongue numb during exercise
    I am 23 years old. 5' 9" and 206 pounds. In the past week I have quit smoking and am using chewing tobacco only when cravings are real bad. I also have started going back to the gym on a regular basis. I went 6 days out of my first week. Today I went to go for a run and my tongue became like tingly and numb to the point where it was unbearable. It was kind of like my mouth was letting some sort of acidic stuff out in my mouth or something. I had a lot of liquid in my mouth when it does that. Anyway for about 10-15 minutes after I quit running my tongue still felt this way. This is not the first time it's happened but it's really a pain in the when I'm trying to get in shape and got to deal with that on top of it. Any ideas on what it might be?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 03:37 PM

Yes, this is the result of using chewing tobacco. It contains quite a whollop of nicotine and you are not used to this. To quit smoking and then taking up this other habit is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Stop using the chewing tobacco altogether or you will be shortly hooked on this stuff. If you continue to chew it you will experience all sorts of fun gastric disturbances including vomiting as you will be literally ingesting this tobacco juice in your stomach. Try the patch instead so you don't get hooked. You can get mouth cancer, tongue cancer, throat cancer, esophagus cancer and stomach cancer from chewing this stuff. BTW tobacco juice makes for a great insect killer to be sprayed on plants. Think about that the next time you take a pinch and put it in your mouth. Do you really want to be a "dead ant/bug"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing rubber band from spacer stuck in tongue [ 3 Answers ]

6 years ago had my tongue pierced, no problems; about 3 months afterwards, I used a clear spacer w/clear small rubber band to keep it open---well, the piercing got extremely sore and when I went to take the spacer out, it seems that the clear rubber band either got stuck while taking the spacer...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Numb tongue and fingers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, For the past week I have been experiencing numbness at the front of my tongue before I go to bed (even if I don't brush my teeth, so I don't think it's the toothpaste) and my tongue is even more numb when I wake up. For the past 3 days my pinkie fingers have also been getting...

View more questions Search