Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justjerre21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 08:05 AM
    What do I charge for painting someone's house?
    I started my own handyman services on the side for some extra income... So far, I've had some clients just painting rooms and hallways... What should I charge to paint someone's house?? Living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms... How do I go about on my rates?? What should my method of giving someone their quote? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated it thanks...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 09:49 PM
    Hi, justjerre21!

There are many variables that go into how much to charge for a paint job. Such as, city or town location, repairs to the surface areas, many in which the paint is applied - I.E. brush, roller or spray. The number of coats, type of paint, the person who is supplying the paint, any furniture to be moved, etc.

If any paint is applied by brush, the dollar figure is more.

So, it would help to have more specifics concering that type of job in order to address it the best.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much to charge xterior house painting [ 3 Answers ]

I need to bid , exterior of 2000sf home : walls , trim , gables ,eves , two entry doors , one 8 x 10 garage door , ten windows... I entend to spray walls , doors, gables and eves . Then brush trim and windows . I was thinking about a per square foot price, I supply, paint exc. tools,...

How to charge for painting risers [ 0 Answers ]

I want to give out an estimate on what it would cost to paint thr risers and stringers of a set of stairs with hardwood floors?

How do I know what to charge for interior painting and drywall finishing and painting [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know what to charge per square foot to prime and to finish coat new drywall? I am bidding to paint interior walls and ceilings in a new house. One coat primer and one coat finish. Both coats will be sprayed and backrolled. What is an average rate to charge per foot for each coat?

How much $ should I charge for Square foot Painting [ 2 Answers ]

I just am looking to find out how much I should charge per square foot to paint an interior job. The house is occupied

Painting how much to charge by the sq.ft. [ 8 Answers ]

Recently, I started my own painting business and have been taken on big jobs both residential and commercial need to know what the going rate is on walls and ceilings also what to charge when waterproofing basement walls (interior) with a waterproof liquid coating

View more questions Search