Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacsattitude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Union dues
    I have belonged to this union for about 3 years now.my co-workers and I have asked this union where are dues are going and we get this big run around.we also thought that some of our dues were to go into an account to use as we see fit. Example: if a worker is out sick and it takes time to get disability we thought if we had access to this money we could get them a gift certiicate for some food. We have also asked why we don't have a treasurer and agins we get the run around. We have been told that our dues go twords a strike if we have one. Can someone tell me if we have the right to know where this money is and if we should be able to use some of this money.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Talk to a reprsentative of the National Labor Relations Board or the national HQ for the union.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2006, 05:45 PM
    You have a right to know exactly what is and what is not happening with your dues.
    carolh Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dacsattitude
    i have belonged to this union for about 3 years now.my co-workers and i have asked this union where are dues are going and we get this big run around.we also thought that some of our dues were to go into an account to use as we see fit. example: if a worker is out sick and it takes time to get disability we thought if we had access to this money we could get them a gift certiicate for some food. we have also asked why we dont have a treasurer and agins we get the run around. we have been told that our dues go twords a strike if we have one. can someone tell me if we have the right to know where this money is and if we should be able to use some of this money.
    I have never heard of a union without a treasurer! I suggest you go to a union meeting and ask you question. You do have union meetings don't you? Some of your dues are going to you International Union, to pay your union officers for processing grievances and negotiating contracts, political activities, out-of-work benefits, legal fees, administration fees. You should have bylaws that might spell out what other benefits your union dues are paying for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Union dues [ 3 Answers ]

The employees at the not for profit agency I work at joined the local teamsters union a few years ago. This week we were informed that there will be a change in our uniion dues starting on the pay reveived tomorrow. The change is as follows: all persons making less than $11 an hour will have their...

World in Union [ 1 Answers ]

Im am looking for the song "world in union" sung by P.J. Powers for the 1995 rugby world cup. :cool:

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

Labor union dues [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Our system wide leaders of our union has kept and spent the dues that belonged to our local. I consider this missappropriation of funds?? Or something else?? We want our money, but they refuse to give it because there seems to be no money at the state office. They are asking to bowwor...

View more questions Search