Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Pressure washer pump inop
    What's the most common problem when the pump quits. I have a Craftsman 6.5 OHV w/horizontal shaft motor. The pump is attached to the output shaft, or the front of the motor. Model 580.767300
    I took the pump face off and I can tell you this, the 3 pistons do move in and out, and the piston seals look good.
    I replaced all the O-rings and put the face back on, but absolutely no pressure comes out. Water will stream out the outlet (but w/o pressure) so there are no clogs. Engine runs great. Any Ideas?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 11, 2010, 04:51 PM

Its possible it could be the internal valve that is stuck. It's a regulator valve.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 05:06 PM

I see a total of 6 check valves in my parts list. Hmmm, wonder if it's worth it. Thanks for getting back to me.

Edit: 4/12 Sold it on Craigslist today. Off to Lowe's. Decided to get the Troy Built 3000 psi model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New shallow well pump new huge pressure tank but water pressure is terrible [ 11 Answers ]

When I had a smaller pump (shallow well) and small tank my water pressure was great. When I had to replace everything the person installing the system put a bigger pump and a huge pressure tank. It is the size of a 50 gal water heater. I replaced everything. Ever since then my water pressure is...

Craftsman honda pressure washer pump problem [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman pressure washer with a Honda engine. It's about 8 years old. I have never had trouble with it but I just went out to use it and I cannot get water to get through the pump with any pressure, only a very small trickle. It seems the pump must be clogged or something but I can't...

What is the correct suction pressure and head pressure for a 3 ton tempstar heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

When the yellow jacket brand gauges are put on a 3 ton Tempstar heat pump what should the correct suction pressure and head pressure be. I suspect it to be overcharged in freon. Because it is freezing the compressor, accumulator tank and all the lines soild ice.

Home Heat pump Inop [ 1 Answers ]

My home heat pump compressor stop spinning.  The pump is controlled for air conditioning and heat from a central thermostat in the house.  The fan works OK and you can hear a click sound at the heat pump when the thermostat is turned on.  The house and system circuit breakers (fuses) are on. ...

View more questions Search