Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jreese4457 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
    When can police freeze bank account and withdrawn it
    Local police frozen my bank account in Michigan in November of 2008, in April of 2009 they withdrew all the money and droped state charges. My son had nothing to do with my bank account and wasn't on my account . The fed's picked up his case and brought charges againist my son and he has since been tried and convicted to serve his time. I never got my money back yet. The feds said they never had a interest, they never had it and they told the local cops to give it back but her couldn't make them because they're two different agencies... what do I do to get my money back they frozen and withdrew without any notification to me...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:25 PM

If there is a suspected link they may of course with a court order.

This would have been held as evidence while they investigated.

Of course he does not have to be "on our account" if they believe or have evidence he may have given you money to put in there, that is used to get a court order.

You make a motion to the court that had the original charges for a return of this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeze Bank Account PA [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are retired and living in PA. If a credit card company files a judgement against us, can they freeze our bank account. The only funds being deposities are social security and a government pension.

Judgement may Freeze Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Good Day, I would like to know if it's legal for a Law Office to purchase my credit card debt from a creditor and then sue me for an amount more than 3x the amout I owed initially. This law office has a judgement against me and have frozen my account before. I originally agreed to pay them,...

Freeze on bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My bank account was frozen in feb last year due to credit card debt but about a week later I had my tax returns directly deposited into that same acct and ever since then I hava been getting a monthly statement with a balance! What happens to that money since the account was frozen already...

How long can the Police Freeze my bank account without charging me for a crime? [ 4 Answers ]

5 years ago I was fired from my employer which was a bank on posssible suspicion of stealing money from the bank with another employee. Charges have never been filed and I haven't heard anything from the bank or law enforcement since I went in and gave them a statement a few days after being...

Can they freeze my bank account [ 2 Answers ]

One more question if I was to get A judgement. Can they freeze my bank account There nothing in it. The only money that's coms is my s.s disabilty every month?? :confused: :confused: :

View more questions Search