Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Favorites on the grill
    Okay, so summer is fast approaching. We love to cook on the grill, but I have run out of ideas this year. I would love it if you could share some of your favorite grilling recipes with me.

I love Allrecipes.com, but I'm looking for personal favorites.

Come on, let's get spring fever going here and share some absolute faves!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 06:59 PM

Zucchini spears! My uncle grew zucchini one summer and we had to figure out what to do with it all. My favorite was slicing it into spears, drizzling a little olive oil on with a touch of salt and pepper and throwing it on the grill.

Lamb kabobs are also yummy. I get this lamb at trader joe's that comes already marinated in this pepper burgundy sauce and chopped. All you have to do is stick it on the skewers with some veggies and its ready to go.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 10, 2010, 07:10 PM

just wanted to let you know, your title is advertising favor-ties ^_~

cheeseburgers, made with thick chunks of colby jack cheese.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    just wanted to let you know, your title is advertising favor-ties ^_~

cheeseburgers, made with thick chunks of colby jack cheese.
    Oops, I had to change the title. :o My bad.

It all sounds yummie! Wish I had Trader Joe's around here.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:17 PM

Salmon.. marinate in Italian dressing for about 15 minutes. Place on grill in foil add lemon juice and there you have it.:) You can also grill green pepper, onion and portabello in foil as a side dish.:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:30 PM

Mm! Kit you reminded me of one of my favorite recipes my brother does! Well, he won't share the entire thing actually. But he mixes soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and different spices, puts the salmon into foil pouches with the marinade and then bbqs it. I'm not sure what all the spices are though or if there's anything else, like maybe lemon or anything else, that he puts in
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Salmon..marinate in Italian dressing for about 15 minutes. Place on grill in foil add lemon juice and there you have it.:) You can also grill green pepper, onion and portabello in foil as a side dish.:)
    I don't eat fish, but hubby does. I'll have to save this one especially for a special occasion for him. He would LOVE it! Oh, now I can't wait for a special occasion to surprise him!

Have you ever grilled pineapple? OMG, it's to die for!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:33 PM

So here's what sounds absolutely appealing to me. Kabobs with beef and Chicken, peppers, onions, carrots, potatoes. And THEN paired with an oriental style salad made with still dried ramen noodles crunched up in there, and some delicious pasta salad that my mom makes. I could live off that for at least a week.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    mm! kit you reminded me of one of my favorite recipes my brother does! well, he won't share the entire thing actually. but he mixes soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and different spices, puts the salmon into foil pouches with the marinade and then bbqs it. i'm not sure what all the spices are though or if there's anything else, like maybe lemon or anything else, that he puts in
    Mix just a teensy amount of dijon mustard on the salmon. For something milder mix a bit of honey and french dressing to top the salmon. Good eating! :D
    Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Mix just a teensy amount of dijon mustard on the salmon. For something milder mix a bit of honey and french dressing to top the salmon. Good eating!!:D
    Hubby puts lemon and dill on his salmon with the skin still on.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Hubby puts lemon and dill on his salmon with the skin still on.
    Sounds great... Give me catfish deep fried with hush puppies and cole slaw. I'm happy.:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
    Sounds great...Give me catfish deep fried with hush puppies and cole slaw. I'm happy.:)
    I don't like eating fish. Bad experiences. My dad never cooked it right and always made me eat it. Now I just can't do it. Nor can I muster up the will to try to eat any seafood. I can't stand the smell. Bleck.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    I don't like eating fish. Bad experiences. My dad never cooked it right and always made me eat it. Now I just can't do it. Nor can I muster up the will to try to eat any seafood. I can't stand the smell. Bleck.
    When we cook shrimp (I hate shrimp)... I open every window in the house , even in the wintertime. Hate that smell. :eek:
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
    When we cook shrimp (I hate shrimp)...I open every window in the house , even in the wintertime. Hate that smell. :eek:
    It makes everything worse when the food smell that you can't stand stick to you. I couldn't work at a fish market or a seafood restaurant. I'd go nuts. It's bad enough leaving work smelling like coffee. It smells good to other people, but when it's on me it smells skunky. :(
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:01 PM
    It makes everything worse when the food smell that you can't stand stick to you. I couldn't work at a fish market or a seafood restaurant. I'd go nuts. It's bad enough leaving work smelling like coffee. it smells good to other people, but when it's on me it smells skunky. :(
    Nothing llike the smell of grilled onions to make you want to shower with
    Perfume:D
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:12 PM

Speaking of icky smells... we give out samples at work. And my co-workers come up with some of the yummiest canned tuna recipes. But the smell! It's a wonder any of us can even bear to eat anything after they smell up the kitchen with it.

That grilled pineapple sound yummy j! I'll have to try that next time we get out the bbq!

My favorite shrimp recipe is how my aunt does it, with chili, lime, and tequilla. I keep trying to copy it but mine just never comes out quite as good as hers.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 10, 2010, 08:15 PM
    I'm glad I'm not alone in that.

The only seafood I'll eat is tuna, and the occasional shrimp. Love tuna.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:18 PM

the only seafood i'll eat is tuna, and the occasional shrimp. love tuna.

Stuffed tomatoes with tuna. Yummy:) Celery sticks with tuna.. :p
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:30 PM

the only seafood i'll eat is tuna, and the occasional shrimp. love tuna.
    I can't even do tuna. No way. None of it. I tried shrimp, it smells and it has a funny texture. Like it popped in my mouth every time I bit down. No thanks.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2010, 08:41 PM
    I can't even do tuna. No way. none of it. I tried shrimp, it smells and it has a funny texture. like it popped in my mouth every time I bit down. No thanks.
    My husband fixes garlic shrimp. He also makes a mean grilled shrimp medly. Shrimp.. bell pepper sundried tomotoes. chopped green onion.mushroom, celery and cashew nuts. In a wok with olive oil, garlic and pepper. Pour it on a bed of iceberg lettace and use a vinigerette dressing. I usually take the veggies I want and add grilled chicken.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Grill - no propane comes out [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Turbo Gas Grill. No propane seems to come out of the burners. I've tried: 1) Making sure it's a new full tank 2) Reaming out any potential spider webs in venturi tubes 3) Re-setting the internal propane safety valve by using procedure of shutting off propane, disconnecting,...

Outside grill [ 1 Answers ]

My brother in law had an outside grill made of stone .he would like to be able to hook up propane to it.Where can I get the burners ,hose ,etc.. For it home depot doesn't seem to have it?

Design Of Grill Blade Thickness ( Gravity Louvered Grill Blade) [ 3 Answers ]

Kindly Design An Gravity Louvered Grill, It is Required For Staircase Pressuriation System Design Thickness Of Blade Such That It Should Lift When Pressure Exceeds 50 Pa,& Close When Pressure Drops 50 pa It Is a 20 Storey Building ( 20 Staircase) System Pressure 50 Pa

Gas grill [ 1 Answers ]

I just hooked up my gas grill to my 100 lbs propane tank and it won't get enough gas to stay lite my stove and fire place still work OK is there a adjustment I need to make to the pressure regulator? The pipe feed is about 60 feet 1/2 pipe

View more questions Search