Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fbwright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Is there any reason to paint the ceiling with paint when the white primer looks good?
    I just finished putting up new drywall and sprayed a white primer on the ceiling - 2 coats. The ceiling looks good and I'm trying to decide if I really need to paint the ceiling now or can I just leave the primer as it is?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 06:44 PM

Primer isn't meant to last to exposure. Also its not washable like paint is should something spray like a soda can.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Hi, fbwright!

Just using primer as a finish coat can be fine. However, is there going to be a lot of moisture generated in the room that has been painted, please?

Thanks!
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Apr 10, 2010, 11:58 AM

Paint the ceiling since you already have the room prepped for spraying. It will be a kick in the butt later on if you have to paint it.
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 12, 2010, 12:36 AM
    If you don't paint it make sure there is good ventalation or dehumidifier in there. I agree. It's a pain but it is already set up. Just paint it with a glossy paint

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Ceiling Paint as Primer [ 14 Answers ]

I've go a ton of left over off-white ceiling paint. Can I use that as a primer for newly constructed drywall walls, or would that be, well, stupid? Or at the very least, a waste of time.

Using Primer as a ceiling paint [ 9 Answers ]

I am redoing my bathroom by myself and have primed the ceiling with Behr Water Based Primer and Sealer. My husband wants me to leave it. He says that will serve as ceiling paint also. It is in a small bathroom off the master bedroom and has no fan for ventilation. I think I should use ceiling...

Using ceiling paint as a primer [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if it is OK to use ceiling paint as a primer on my wall that was just spackled?

View more questions Search