Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmaldonado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 05:22 PM
    My counterpart posses as my boss in front of others. What can I do to correct this?
    I work at an office in Denver while the corporate headquarters is in Florida. My counterpart is in the corporate office working more directly with our boss on a daily basis. This coworker speaks to me as if she is my boss offering advice and direction when it is not asked. She also sends emails to me with others copied in acting like she is my boss. She is aware that she is my co-work not my boss. How can I let others know that I don't report to her and that she is in no way my superior. I resent this misleading behavior especially since I have been with the company longer, hold three degrees while she has none. I mentioned this issue to my boss but he doesn't acknologe it as real and sees it as my own low self esteem. Grrrr.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 09:29 PM

Message her back in a reply to the email, with everyone copied, tell her that you appreciate the offer of help to a co/worker but you will discuss issues with boss if help was needed.

And that you would be glad to help her if she feels she needs additional help in areas that you do.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 10:25 PM
    Fr Chuck has hit the nail on the head - just remember to do it in a light and professional manner, and don't ever talk about her behind her back.
    spanglish30 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Fr Chuck has hit the nail on the head - just remember to do it in a light and professional manner, and don't ever talk about her
    behind her back.
    I agree with Gemini54!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

How to remove the front panel of a maytag washer front loader [ 0 Answers ]

Have a model 2400aww maytag front load washer. How do I remove the front panel or what is the best access to the drain pump?

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search