Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reneecrystle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 02:11 PM
    I need to replace my honeywell t87f 2873 thermostat for A/C only.
    My home has separate heat and AC thermostats and wiring systems. I need to replace the cool only thermostat Hoenywell model T87F 2873 with a cool only model. What will replace this unit?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2010, 02:18 PM

Honeywell 5000 will do cooling only. A nice digital stat
    reneecrystle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2010, 02:19 PM

I have a separate heat and a/c thermostats and wiring systems due to the age of my home. The thermostat for the a/c unit is a Honeywell T87F 2873 model for cooling only. I need to find a replacement. It is only a three wire system.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 03:01 PM

I agree with Josh. The Honeywell Pro 5000 can be set up to show only cooling option. Really nice digital, non-programmable thermostat. Very detailed instructions come with the stat for setting it up to meet your needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace a honeywell T87F with a Hunter 44155 [ 1 Answers ]

Curren wiring is configured as yellow wire to Y terminal, orange wire to O terminal, red wire to R terminal, green wire to G terminal and a jumper from the W terminal to the Y terminal. Hunter thermostat has the following terminals G, RC, RH, Y/O, W/B, and Y1 which wire goes where?

Replace Brant standard thermostat with HOneywell thermostat [ 40 Answers ]

HI guys, I have a Bryant Heat Pump system with axilaury heat and A/c, I want to replace the Honey programmable thermostat, but still reluctant to install it myself since the wire label different. My new Honeywell model is TH6110D1005 and it has following wire label. G O/B (W) C Y R Rc ...

Honeywell T87F 2873 -- No heat AGAIN. [ 4 Answers ]

About once a year, usually when it gets particularly cold, my heat conks out. I have the old, manual Honeywell T87F 2873 round thermostat, and have made sure the unit is "asking for heat" from the furnace (mercury tilted to the left). Still nothing. I live in a 4-unit apartment building with...

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

View more questions Search