Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candylm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 06:49 PM
    Can I file taxes without my spouses ss number? She's a Us citizen, filing separately.
    Can I file taxes without my spouses ss number? She's a Us citizen, filing separately and we are separated
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 10:35 PM

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident, on your separate return you need SSN of your spouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing Federal Taxes Jointly and State Taxes Separately [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are both on Active Duty in the Military, and we were married in May of this year so this will be the first year filing Jointly. Is it sensible to file joint federal taxes and separate state taxes this year (Wisconsin and Maryland) even though we are both stationed and living in...

Spouse on J-1 visa, do I file as married filing separately? [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I got married last year. He was here on the J-1 visa and left last month. His sponsor will file his taxes, so do I file mine as married filing separately, including his social security number, or as single? Also, will his sponsor get any information about my taxes? Sorry if...

Married Filing Separately - Spouse non-resident, not filing you.s. Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is a Canadian resident. We got married in the US in April 2008. We are separated and did not live together during the 2008 tax year and my husband has never lived in the US and has never earned any US income. I am planning to file...

Who file for interest in a joint account when filing separately [ 1 Answers ]

Who can file interests in a joint account when filing separately?

View more questions Search