Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2010, 04:24 PM

Good luck too, Dolice.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Apr 8, 2010, 11:45 PM

Hey Dolice... Like I said if I could afford it , id go in for a phenol peel and then stay away from the sun for the whole month. After healing up Id start on mono or mequinol..

And I'm sure it would show effect!
    dolice Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Apr 9, 2010, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Hey Dolice.... Like I said if I could afford it , id go in for a phenol peel and then stay away from the sun for the whole month. after healing up Id start on mono or mequinol ..

and im sure it would show effect!
    I heard that skin can get scared permanently with phenol peel,is that true?I am not sure the doctor will perform this on my skin type.

Apr 9, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    Dolice let us know hun how it goes for you. I will post pictures to show you the effect of retin a.

best of luck
    Shall I use higher strength of monobenzone like 40% to reduce the brown patches on my skin?would it make a diffeence if I use 40% of strength?
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Apr 9, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dolice View Post
    shall i use higher strength of monobenzone like 40% to reduce the brown patches on my skin?would it make a diffeence if i use 40% of strength?
    Don't go that high just yet, you are using 20%? If you want you can increase it to 25% or 30% with retin a, your face hopfully will even out soon. If you concentrate on your face only, two application per day, retin a one hour before and using good sunblock at all time, it should work.
    Have you been protecting your skin with good sunblock all the time? Even cloudy days?
    Once you use mono and don't cover up from the sun you will get some brwon spots coming back, until you are totally done. Those spots I see are very tiny, just be positive hun they will go away.

Forget the idea of phenol peel, mono is working in your skin you just need more time.

Apr 9, 2010, 06:36 AM
    Don't go that high just yet, you are using 20% ?? if you want you can increase it to 25% or 30% with retin a, your face hopfully will even out soon. if you concentrate on your face only, two application per day, retin a one hour before and using good sunblock at all time, it should work.
    Have you been protecting your skin with good sunblock all the time? even cloudy days?
    once you use mono and don't cover up from the sun you will get some brwon spots coming back, until you are totally done. Those spots I see are very tiny, just be positive hun they wil go away.

Forget the idea of phenol peel, mono is working in your skin you just need more time.
    Yes I try to protect skin from sun,I don't go outside until 4pm,but sometimes when it is cloudy I don't use any sun block.

Apr 9, 2010, 06:41 AM

Since I am using monobenzone,I have notice a strange thing that my eye color is fading as well.my real eye color is grey,now I looks lighter than before,it look like platinum grey shade. It looks scary against my dark skin.
    Does monobenzone effects eye color as well?

Apr 9, 2010, 06:42 AM
    yes i try to protect skin from sun,i don't go outside untill 4pm,but sometimes when it is cloudy i don't use any sun block.
    Clouds are not good filter for the sun, UV rays penetrate clouds. Those spots are tiny though they will go away you just have to work on it and make sure you always protected.

Apr 9, 2010, 06:45 AM
    since i am using monobenzone,i have notice a strange thing that my eye color is fading as well.my real eye color is grey,now i looks lighter than before,it look like platinum grey shade. it looks scary against my dark skin.
    does monobenzone effects eye color as well?
    No monobenzone will not change your eye colour but you have to be very careful not to apply around your eye area. That area will depigment by itself, if mono goes in your eyes it can be very damaging. So stay clear from it.

Apr 9, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Clouds are not good filter for the sun, UV rays penetrate clouds. Those spots are tiny though they will go away you just have to work on it and make sure you always protected.
    What is the best sun block to protect the skin,I use elemis liquid layer sun spf 30.

Apr 9, 2010, 03:33 PM
    No monobenzone will not change your eye colour but you have to be very careful not to apply around your eye area. That area will depigment by itself, if mono goes in your eyes it can be very damaging. so stay clear from it.
    I am sure its not my imagination,my eye color is definitely got lighter by using monobenzone.
    Scientists are still don't know the mechanical effects of monobenzone on human body special on the pigmentation of eye color.
    So what are the effectse of mononbenzone on human liver and other organs? The prolong use of mono wouldn't it toxicify the liver ?
    How long we have to use monobenzone?the rest of life?

Apr 9, 2010, 03:38 PM

Guys!is there any other way to depig skin permanantly apart from monobenzone.there must be any alternative way for vitiligo patients to depig their skin by something else,like co2 or ruby laser to remove all the pigment from skin?
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Apr 10, 2010, 02:30 AM
    i am sure its not my imagination,my eye color is definatly got lighter by using monobenzone.
    scientists are still don't know the mechanical effects of monobenzone on human body special on the pigmentation of eye color.
    so what are the effectse of mononbenzone on human liver and other organs? the prolong use of mono wouldn't it toxicify the liver ?
    how long we have to use monobenzone?the rest of life?
    Another mono user reported that she noticed her eyes color had changed so maybe you should ask her.
    And she is using a higher percentage like 70% or something :eek:.
    Her name is mj2006.

Apr 10, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    Another mono user reported that she noticed her eyes color had changed so maybe you should ask her.
    And she is using a higher percentage like 70% or something :eek:.
    Her name is mj2006.
    I use only 15% of strength five times a week for last two months,my eyes are really sensitive to light now when I wake up in the morning it take a while for my eyes to adjust the day light.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 10, 2010, 02:31 PM
    i use only 15% of strength five times a week for last two months,my eyes are really sensitive to light now when i wake up in the morning it take a while for my eyes to adjust the day light.
    Hmm... :eek:
    Sounds scary to me.

Apr 12, 2010, 05:42 AM
    i use only 15% of strength five times a week for last two months,my eyes are really sensitive to light now when i wake up in the morning it take a while for my eyes to adjust the day light.
    Wow in two months with just 15% and only 5 times a week you got all those patches? I am using 25% although there are patches, nothing in my face so far just general lightning but the stage the face gets spotted it is the time it gets depigmenting totally.
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2010, 06:00 AM

I wonder if this is the mono with mercury in it that depigs the skin only temporarily, but very quickly and also very dangerously! The mono is from ireland and is being sold on eBay.. I recommend people test it first before using, I'm sure this is the mercury one.. I also used it ages ago then realised what was in it and stopped, and then my skin repigmented pretty quickly after, going back to normal... Real mono doesn't do that.. Be careful guys!

Apr 12, 2010, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006 View Post
    i wonder if this is the mono with mercury in it that depigs the skin only temporarily, but very quickly and also very dangerously! The mono is from ireland and is being sold on ebay..i recommend people test it first before using, im sure this is the mercury one.. I also used it ages ago then realised what was in it and stopped, and then my skin repigmented pretty quickly after, going back to normal...Real mono doesn't do that.. Be careful guys!!
    Thanks mj now it makes sense, that is way too fast for mono to work, people with vitiligo wait for a months to a year to see results . I have been using since mid February this year, it is not that fast.

Apr 12, 2010, 06:33 AM
    i am sure its not my imagination,my eye color is definatly got lighter by using monobenzone.
    scientists are still don't know the mechanical effects of monobenzone on human body special on the pigmentation of eye color.
    so what are the effectse of mononbenzone on human liver and other organs? the prolong use of mono wouldn't it toxicify the liver ?
    how long we have to use monobenzone?the rest of life?
    Yes scientists don't understand the actual mechanism of monobenzone but they know it depigment, otherwise it will not be the first option as depigmenting agent.

Regarding changing the eye colour, monobenzone will not change the eye colour, that has not been seen in any study, and even if it was an odd case it will get reported. even in rare occasions some drug will do things not expected to do. For example 2% monomethyl ether of hydroquinone (Mequinol)is approved for treatment of solar lentigines it was reported the case of a young West Indian girl who used 2% monomethyl ether of hydroquinone for 3 months and developed extensive confetti-like hypopigmentation

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...17683/abstract

I am not sure what is happening to your eye colour but Authentic monobenzone has not been reported to do so.
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Apr 12, 2010, 06:51 AM

Shifa's PURE Monobenzone Cream 20%

This is one of the contacts for the ireland mono.. just to let people know, they don't actually send you mac mono... they put another cream in that they make and also put it in another container and tell you that they do this for customs.. a bit dodgy.. another one on eBay is that 3 percent mono... its actually not mono either.. its mercury with hydroquinone.. the cream goes brown pretty quickly with oxidation, just like normal hydroquinone cream you get from the pharmacy..

The real mono you will find are from Germany and holland and a few other places in the world... They do get you to either send info proving that you are a pharmacist or run a lab as they won't send the powder to you unless you give them a lab address to send it to.. They won't send mono to a residential address not to mention customs tend to hold real mono as people can make bombs out of it.. so they can keep it while they investigate why its coming into the country and who ordered it and so on... In the US, they have been known to monitor people who don't have prescriptions, who use it and some have had their names listed on the suspected terrorist lists, its crazy...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search