Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolice Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Apr 8, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Brown patches and skin darkening by using monobenzone(before and after pics)
    I have been using monobenzone for last two months.I am Hispanic,I already got light olive skin tone like J Lo,but for some reason I wanted to to have alpha pale skin,like anglina jolie.
    I am using benquin 20% monobenzone for last two mmonths,first it made my skin three shade darker than my real skin color,now I got brown patches on my cheeks,the skin aroung my lip area getting depig slowly and smoothly,and I have light and dark patches around my neck and cleavage area. My picture is included!
    I am really upset by uneven brown and white patches around my neck,cheeks and face,I can't even hide them with make up.my mom is going to visit me in next month,she will get mad at me for using monobenzone.
    How can I get rid of these brown ptches on my cheeks?shall I carry on using monobenzone?until I get complete depigmentation?but that is really slow process,I have no patience to stay in patch work.
    What shall I do to get rid of brown patches?shall I switch to mequinal instead of monobenzone?does mequinal make skin lighter evenly?does mequinal work faster than monobenzone?
    Shall I use phenols 88% to get rid brown patches on my cheeks?
    I desperately need help thanks!
    I am showing two photes of me,one with black top with make up and smooth skin is before using monobenzone,the secand one without make up with brown patches is after using monobenzone.
    Attached Images

Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM

I used to have lovely even skin tone,monobenzone made my skin darker and patch work of brown,white spots.
    mechachar Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 8, 2010, 12:37 PM

May I ask, did you buy your benoquin from buy-pharma?
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2010, 12:55 PM

Dolice, I would stop using it on my face. You could go to a doctor and get a prescription for mequinol and that may help even your face out a bit. Also, retin-a may help. However, it seems that you are at a hard stage with monobenzone. You have to make a choice to continue using it in order to fully depig and eventually have even pale skin or to stop completely and get help from a dermatologist. It looks as if it is working fairly quickly. Depigging with monobenzone is usually a lengthy, and expensive process. Are you using your own mixture or are you using a ready made cream?

Apr 8, 2010, 12:56 PM

By the way, chemical peels could help with your face.

Apr 8, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    Dolice, I would stop using it on my face. You could go to a doctor and get a prescription for mequinol and that may help even your face out a bit. Also, retin-a may help. However, it seems that you are at a hard stage with monobenzone. You have to make a choice to continue using it in order to fully depig and eventually have even pale skin or to stop completely and get help from a dermatologist. It looks as if it is working fairly quickly. Depigging with monobenzone is usually a lengthy, and expensive process. Are you using your own mixture or are you using a ready made cream?
    I using ready made mixture,it costs £145.00 a 113gm,I use 4 jars in one month.
    I don't understand why I developed brown patches on my cheeks,and why it made my skin darker?it is suppose to make skin lighter not darker!:confused::confused::(

Apr 8, 2010, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mechachar View Post
    May I ask, did you buy your benoquin from buy-pharma?
    No!I BROUGHT SOMEWHERE ELSE!
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 8, 2010, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dolice View Post

i have been using monobenzone for last months.i am Hispanic,i already got light olive skin tone like J Lo,but for some reason i wanted to to have alpha pale skin,like anglina jolie.
    i am using benquin 20% monobenzone for last two mmonths,first it made my skin three shade darker than my real skin color,now i got brown patches on my cheeks,the skin aroung my lip area getting depig slowly and smoothly,and i have light and dark patches around my neck and cleavage area. my picture is included!
    i am really upset by uneven brown and white patches around my neck,cheeks and face,i can't even hide them with make up.my mom is going to visit me in next month,she will get mad at me for using monobenzone.
    how can i get rid of these brown ptches on my cheeks?shall i carry on using monobenzone?untill i get complete depigmentation?but that is really slow process,i have no patience to stay in patch work.
    what shall i do to get rid of brown patches?shall i switch to mequinal instead of monobenzone?does mequinal make skin lighter evenly?does mequinal work faster than monobenzone?
    shall i use phenols 88% to get rid brown patches on my cheeks?
    i desperately need help thanks!

Sorry about this...
    I do not mean to scare you at all.But from what I know and what I have heard about mono, it is used to depigment and it is PERMANENT. Those who start the race with mono are tough. Those white patches you have may have been TOTALLY depigmented... meaning they can never come back to the way that area originally used to be.That is why many people FEAR using it for you never know. I may be wrong... but if I am right... hmm... I don't know what you can do.But I am sure people in the forum can help you out...
    Golden_Girl...
    Sara...
    Someone needs advice here... she really got an issue.
    Hang in there.Hope you get through this.

Apr 8, 2010, 01:15 PM

Dolice, hang in there. Mono works in weird ways. You could be using it on your arm and start get white spots on your stomach. What it is doing is completely killing off the cells that produce melalin. You may just want to stop applying to your face and apply every where else cause eventually your face will lose the brown patches and whiten up as well.

Apr 8, 2010, 01:18 PM

Dolice, I just sent you a PM.

Apr 8, 2010, 01:18 PM
    no!I BROUGHT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Where did you buy yours from them? I thought the only real sources were buy-pharma and genericsmed hmm.
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Apr 8, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Hi dolice,

Listen hun patience is important now, that how mono works, if you chose to use it ,you must know that you will be patchy for sometime. I don't advice you to switch to mequinal it is weaker than mono, it will not work as fast.

As it is working on your face, a lot of people say the face get depiged fast, what you can do to speed it up use retin a 1 hour before applying mono, it will sure speed it up.

Apr 8, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mechachar View Post
    Where did you buy yours from them? I thought the only real sources were buy-pharma and genericsmed hmm.
    I don't really like benquin made by MAC LABS,I don't think that works really well.
    I got mine from somebody in Ireland!

Apr 8, 2010, 01:50 PM
    i don't really like benquin made by MAC LABS,i don't think that works really well.
    i got mine from somebody in Ireland!
    Oh really? I am very interested in purcheshing benoquin. Is it possible that you can tell me the site you bought your from? I would be very grateful. Im italian, my complexion is a little lighter then your original color. I have done so much research and those are the only two I could find.

Apr 8, 2010, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_uk View Post
    hi dolice,

Listen hun patience is important now, that how mono works, if you chose to use it ,you must know that you will be patchy for sometime. I don't advice you to switch to mequinal it is weaker than mono, it will not work as fast.

as it is working on your face, a lot of people say the face get depiged fast, what you can do to speed it up use retin a 1 hour before applying mono, it will sure speed it up.
    Thanks for yours help hun!
    I am not sure about using retin-A on my face,it make my skin itchy and scratchy.I used pure glycolic lotion after using mono cream,to speed up the process but it only made my skin more darker.
    What do you think if I use 88% phenol or co2 laser to get rid of brown patches on my cheeks.
    I am really worried about my mom ,I don't want her to find out that I am using mono.I want to get rid of brown patches before she come back to London,

Apr 8, 2010, 02:42 PM
    thanks for yours help hun!
    i am not sure about using retin-A on my face,it make my skin itchy and scratchy.i used pure glycolic lotion after using mono cream,to speed up the process but it only made my skin more darker.
    what do you think if i use 88% phenol or co2 laser to get rid of brown patches on my cheeks.
    i am really worried about my mom ,i don't want her to find out that i am using mono.i wanna get rid of brown patches before she come back to London,
    I really don't advice you to use Phenol peel it is very dangerous. It is the harshest on the skin, I also tried glyoclic lotion 12% it did nothing for me. Retin a is showen in a study that fasten the effect of mono. I have tried myself and in just couple of days I can see the effect.

You can start on low % and work your way up.

Apr 8, 2010, 02:48 PM

Just to add if you use retin a and mono for whole month you will see the effect. Just stay positive, and you will get there, don't ruin your skin with harsh pehnol peel

Apr 8, 2010, 03:06 PM

Sara where did you buy your mono powder from? I was going to buy mono from buy-pharma but I don't know if its legit or not. What's your opinion?

Apr 8, 2010, 03:12 PM

I have no idea about buy-pharma, I don't know about them maybe it is a good thing as I know most of scam sites that sell mono.

Apr 8, 2010, 03:17 PM

Dolice let us know hun how it goes for you. I will post pictures to show you the effect of retin a.

Best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search