Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sputnikone Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2010, 08:53 AM
    I found a bug I need to know what it is
    I found it in my house this is the second I found I need to know if are they dangerous and what I can do to prevent any risk any web site can look at pictures and descriptions
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnikone View Post
    i found it in my house this is the second i found i need to know if are they dangerous and what i can do to prevent any risk any web site can look at pictures and descriptions
    Do you have the capability to post a picture? I can try to identify it from a description but that usually turns into a trial and error guessing game. I'm up to play if there's no pics, but it may take us a while.

Apr 8, 2010, 09:22 AM
    I try to put it in a medicine jar but is to small so whit the tread of the cap I smach it there is the description is brown really gloss big butt round six legs small head small antenas the side or her butt is the bottom circle of nunber 8 on your keyboard
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 09:53 AM
    i try to put it in a medicine jar but is to small so whit the tread of the cap i smach it there is the description is brown really gloss big butt round six legs small head small antenas the side or her butt is the bottom circle of nunber 8 on your keyboard
    Let's start with some more basic information. What part of the world are you in?

Is it forested around your house or cleared?

Is there open water nearby and if so what kind: pond, pool, lake, ocean?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Let's start with some more basic information. What part of the world are you in?

Is it forested around your house or cleared?

Is there open water nearby and if so what kind: pond, pool, lake, ocean?

In addition: how many legs? Are there wings? What is the primary color? And if there is a secondary color, what is it?
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    In addition: how many legs? Are there wings? What is the primary color? And if there is a secondary color, what is it?
    I think the OP said primarily brown, six-legged, small antennaed, with a large abdomen. I'm thinking an ant of some type but let's see what sputnikone says.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    I think the OP said primarily brown, six-legged, small antennaed, with a large abdomen. I'm thinking an ant of some type but let's see what sputnikone says.
    Oh, sorry. I was answering based on his first post... Since I did not pay attention as I should have, I'll do some extra "bug finding" to help in this thread.

Apr 8, 2010, 09:01 PM

No no wather no forest I live in union city nj it looks like a little spider but only 6 legs just brown very glossy like brand new car
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 09:14 PM
    no no wather no forest i live in union city nj it looks like a little spider but only 6 legs just brown very glossy like brand new car
    Can I ask how old you are? I have some difficulty understanding your posts.
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 9, 2010, 02:01 AM
    no no wather no forest i live in union city nj it looks like a little spider but only 6 legs just brown very glossy like brand new car
    Does it have pincers like these?

Image Search Results

Are you sure it's only six legs?

http://dermimages.med.jhmi.edu/images/tick_2_020812.jpg

Apr 10, 2010, 10:38 AM

Yes sure is 6 legs that's was the first thing call my attention .so any clues
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 11:05 AM
    yes sure is 6 legs that's was the first thing call my attention .so any clues
    Any wings?

Does it have a separate abdomen like this http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5307158

Apr 10, 2010, 11:46 AM

No just 2 section body and no wings
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 12:32 PM
    no just 2 section body and no wings
    Is the body cylindrical or flattened?

Apr 10, 2010, 06:36 PM

Like a balloon
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 10, 2010, 06:45 PM
    like a balloon
    Kind of like this?Deer tick larva (closeup)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freaked out! I found this bug on me! W/ pictures [ 10 Answers ]

So I decided to flip the mattress today and put new s on and after I was done I was laying on my bed when I notice this big crawling on my hand! Freaked out but kept the bug and took pictures. The bug has very small legs that wouldn't extend outside of body, so when it would walk you couldn't...

Strange Bug Found in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Michigan. I found this bug on my door today. I've never seen anything like it. Does anyone know what it is? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m7rbpUURh1Q/SPkm7uRb05I/AAAAAAAAACg/LL85w3ByIVE/s400/Weird+Bug.jpg

Bug I found [ 1 Answers ]

I found a large 10 legged bug in my house. It was the color of sand and had two large pinchers in the front. It looked like a huge ant. It was about and inch in length. I tried to squash it but it wouldn't die. It finally did die after I had smacked it over and over with a shoe and squashed its...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

Have I found a new bug/creature? [ 15 Answers ]

My daughter found this bug/creature that looks like a cross between a caterpillar, a slug, a snake, and an alligator (minus the mouth). It is 2 inches long and at its widest point it is 10 cm wide. At one end of its body it has pinchers, at the other end there are 4 rows of what looks like sharp...

View more questions Search