Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellycowell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Delta Pullout Faucet Water Pressure Loss
    We have a Delta Signature Series Faucet Model 472, (Single Handle, Pull Out) in our kitchen sink and just yesterday started having low pressure. Haven't changed the water heater or anything else lately, the house is only about 2-1/2 years old. Pressure remains fine in all of the other sinks in the house.

Following advice from other posts about the same problem, we have checked the aerator, the ball and seats and springs, and have put a bucket over the open faucet and turned the water on. After putting everything back together, we still have the same low pressure problem.

Someone mentioned they found a problem in the lining of the hose. Can anyone advise how I could look for this, or if it is even possible to replace if that is the problem?

Appreciate any help you can offer!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2006, 10:43 AM
    I don't know about the lining in the supply hose but if you've cleaned the seats and springs and then flushed out the supplies did a strong stream come through the open valve body or was it weak? Regards, Tom
    kellycowell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 12:01 PM
    speedball1,

It was a strong stream coming through the open valve body. I can't really compare it to "normal" because it was the first time I've ever done that, but it was blasting against the bucket we had held over it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure loss after faucet replacement in kitchen [ 11 Answers ]

We replaced the Kitchen faucet because the old one had a water leakage. Since we change to the new faucet the Water pressure has dropped dramatically. We checked both the hot and cold water valves they were fully open. Any ideas.

Loss of water pressure in kitchen faucet [ 7 Answers ]

This past week we've experienced a loss of water pressure in our kitchen faucet. The faucet is only 6-months old (Moen Extensa Chrome Single Handle Kitchen Faucet With Pullout Spray). Our handyman installed it for us. The house was built in 1992 and all pipes are in good condition upon a home...

Water pressure loss [ 3 Answers ]

I've recently been losing water pressure as the pressure tank drains to the pump cut-in. the switch trips, but there is a delay of 2-3 secs before the pump is able to recharge the tank. I've checked the tank pressure a few times. It always reads ~28# or whatever I've pumped it up too. The tank...

Loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I realize this question has been asked before but the proposed solutions have not corrected my problem. I have recenly renovated my kitchen and have added an island which includes my sink and dishwasher. After the plumbing had been connected, I noticed a considerable reduction in the...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search