Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpp Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Carrier Heat Pump Not Cooling House
    Carrier Heat Pump Model #38YDB037. I noticed the last couple days that the house was not cooling. The blower motor was running but I went outside and the condenser fan was not running. I reset all the breakers and after a couple minutes the condenser/fan would turned on for a short period (<10 minutes I guess). The blower motor downstairs was still running (seems like it would intensify when the condenser/fan would shut off). I retried the above steps and opened up the unit and the evaporator coils were not getting cold at all. Could there be some sort of obstruction or loss of refrigerant? Or is this an issue with the condenser?

FWIW, I had a technician come out over the winter because the unit iced over. They added some R-410 and tightened/replaced cap on the Schrader valve. They said they didn't really think there was an issue.

Update: I removed the side access panel to the heat pump and its giving me a low pressure switch fault.
    soho1 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Probably leaked out the coolant. It happpens. A crack in the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Carrier 24HNA636A310 Heat pump. Does the Heat pump mode run on both speeds? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new Carrier Infinity 25HNA636A310 compressor. Does it run in both speeds when in heat mode

Heat pump cooling off [ 3 Answers ]

The air conditioning function of our heat pump is not working. The outside compressor is on, but the fan on top is not turning. Do I turn the whole system off? Is the problem in the compressor. The thermostat is set for 73 but the temperature is 84. Bob Sauerbrey

Heat pump not cooling as well [ 2 Answers ]

We have a heat pump and replaced it 4-5 years ago when our old one died. Our home is well insulated and we keep it closed up during warm-hot weather. About a week ago it got very hot again, but not as hot as it's been earlier this year. We have cool air coming out of the vents with a normal force,...

Heat pump not cooling well [ 8 Answers ]

We have a heat-pump and had to have a new capacitor installed about 2 months ago, because the outside fan would not run. It's been working great ever since until yesterday. I noticed the tempature has elevated and the air flow seems good. I replace filter monthly, and put a new one in again. The...

Carrier heat pump not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Our Carrier heat pump is not cooling our house. This is the first time it has been on for cooling this year. The system is running outside and the system inside is running and cool to the touch, but nothing is coming out the vents. It sounds like the fan is running. The thermostat is set for 72...

View more questions Search