Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cookiesNmilf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 03:19 PM
    My Husband moved out of state and left my son and I in az, is this abandonment?
    We now live in Georgia. I have phone contact with him from time to time. Our divorce is not final, nor has the paper work been submitted. He hasn't provided any support of any kind. Since he left in 11/09 we have seen him twice. I understand this is still a short amount of time but is this considered abandonment? Thanks for your help

Apr 7, 2010, 03:25 PM

I am trying to get some type of support. He will not do this unless court ordered. What are my options? I can't just sit around and wait for the divorce to be final that may take months if not a year... Please help

Apr 7, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Can you file for child support before divorce?
    We live in different states and he is dragging his feet on the divorce. Is there any way I can get child support without the divoce being final?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 03:39 PM

Do you have legal separation as a option? If so you can ask for it then. If your in an emergency situation you may be able to ask for it also.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 06:17 PM

If you have lived in GA long enough to establish residency you can file in GA.

Filing a order of support and filing divorce are two separate actions.

This is abandoment as far as a reason for divorce but GA does not require a reason for a divorce.

Since there is no child support order in place, he is not behind in any payments, since none are due till you file for support.

Support will normally be allowed back to the date you file if and when approved.

Depending on the county in Ga you live in, getting a court date can be a 30 day to a 3 month wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment and left for another state [ 2 Answers ]

My husband up and took off for New York in November of 2008 from Georgia because he did not like the south, the jobs, etc, he left behind myself, and two children, he has seen them twice since then, is this considered abandonment

I Am the petitioner for divorce my husband left the state [ 2 Answers ]

I am in Las vegas,since my husband had a lawyer for a short time and did not pay him Now the court date is in November. My Attorney said he cannot change the court date Even though he left the state and abandoned the home. Is this true ?

She took my son a left state. Is this legal [ 10 Answers ]

Well, my ex girlfriend took my son and left stat. There has never been a custody agreement. I e-mail her trying to get an address ane phone number, so I can talk to him but she refuses. I was finacially responseable for her and him the entire time we were together (2 1/2) years. I am the father on...

Sister left husband in CA and left state with baby [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this is a big mess and long story so for those of you that read it all thanks. My younger sister just moved back in with me with her 9 month old daughter. It started that she met this guy and got pregnant. They were going to get married and then things started getting really bad so she left...

Sister left the state without her son [ 2 Answers ]

My sister left her son in the care of my mother 3 years ago. Well actually she left him very ill and never came back for a few days. She stole from my mom (money jewelry electronics, checks)and basically took no active interest in her son though collecting welfare and WIC for him. She was not...

View more questions Search