Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmiller751 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 02:20 PM
    How to replace deck on Craftsman lawn tractor
    Hi,

I bought a new deck and two new blades for my Craftsman 16 hp, 42 inch deck, garden tractor. I would like to know the procedure for taking off the old deck and putting on the new one.

Thanks for your help
    Hailcanadien Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Apr 7, 2010, 02:57 PM

If you don't have the manual, it's here online
    http://www.hammerwall.com/Download_Manual/37543/
    I don't have personal experience with this mower, but I am sure that it is like most other riding mowers. What you want to do is to lower the deck all the way to the ground, or as far as it will go. This will allow for better access. Next, you want to look for the supports the mower deck, i.e. anything that looks like an arm that is attached to the deck. You may have to pull pins out as well.
    After this, you should be able to pull the deck straight out from under it.
    Here is a link to a video of how to pull the deck out. I know it isn't your type, but it should give you the gist of it.
    http://www.hammerwall.com/Download_Manual/37543/
    Note: you will want to remember where to put everything back after you take it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace my mower deck belt for a 38 inch cut sears craftsman lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace a mower deck belt on my sears craftsman lawn tractor model # 917.254940

Replace deck belt on JD 160 Lawn Tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Diagram of how to install the deck belt on a John Deere 160 lawn tractor

Craftsman Lawn tractor mower deck [ 10 Answers ]

I need instructions for installing mower deck on a 15.5 horse power craftsman lawn tractor model # 917.271061 Thank's

View more questions Search