Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Comfortmaker Furnace Fan blows in line fuse and will not allow furnace to work
    I have a Comfortmaker Furnace (approximately 1998/99) and the fan will not turn on allow the furnace to heat.
    When I try to turn the furnace on it blows a 3 amp fuse at the blower motor. I removed the fuse and jumped it and all it will do is make a faint buzzing noise and not turn on. I can see what looks likes a relay and another part the looks like a solenoid, the relay gets warm when I do this. Should I replace these parts or is it something else? Please help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 08:02 AM
    There is a shorted wire or component in the 24 volt control circuitry. It is nearly impossible for me to tell you where, from here. Try unhooking all the thermostat wires, (write them down first) then replace fuse and jumper R and W terminals, if fuse blows the problem is inside the furnace and not the thermostat wires or thermostat. If you continue to jumper that fuse you will burn up the transformer and that will mean a more costly repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Comfortmaker Furnace Help [ 4 Answers ]

My Comfortmaker Furance (GUG070A012N) will not always kick-in at the set temp level. The Thermostat is verified operational and good. Most times the heat will kick in, but the fan blower will not run. If I remove the panel and spin the fan manually, sometimes this will engage the fan and the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

Fan Doesn't Work When Furnace On [ 3 Answers ]

If I have the furnace on and the fan on "Auto" the fan never comes on. The furnace seems to work fine - the ignitor begins to glow, gas comes on, and burners light. After a while the gas stops for a time (before coming back on) but the furnace seems to run continuously If I turn off my furnace...

FAN doesn't work when it's 'Auto', but works fine at 'On' in my central air/furnace [ 1 Answers ]

undefinedFAN 'On' or 'Auto'FAN 'On' or 'Auto' Hi, I have programmable thermostat connecting air condition / furnace system. Now if I turn system to 'Cool' and Fan at 'Auto', no cool air come out (compressor works, you can hear the noise). If I set FAN to 'On', life is getting better. But the FAN...

View more questions Search