Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtnp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Thank you note for newspaper to thank all who attended my 90th birthday party.
    I need help to write a thank you note for a local newspaper; thanking all who came to my 90th birthday open house.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2010, 06:34 AM

Just a short note would be fine, something along the lines of:

YOUR NAME
    Would like to thank everyone
    who attended his 90th birthday
    celebration on (DATE)
    Your presence was much appreciated.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 08:04 AM

If you can get a local reporter to do a short story on the open house, you can have them include the thank you in the feature. Otherwise, the short note format Shazamataz mentioned looks good.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2010, 07:42 AM

Here's my suggestion:

"As I celebrate my 90th year, I wish to thank all of those, past and present, who have made my life full and enjoyable. I have been blessed by wonderful family, friends and neighbors, many of whom were kind enough to help me celebrate my birthday with a lovely party.

Thank you all!

I also think that Catsmine's idea is great - a relative could call the local paper and ask for a small feature story to be published. Particularly if you are from a smaller town or suburb, papers enjoy publishing these "special interest" items.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanted to know how to write up a thank you note in the local newspaper, [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to know how to write up a nice thank you for a person that helped our daughter last Tuesday when she fell on the ice in her driveway. The woman ran over to her and dailed 911 and stayed there until help was on the way. More less, what I want to say is thank you to a wonderful person,...

TRANSCRIPT to college I attended [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a way to get a copy of my college transcript from Southeast Missouri State Univ located in Cape Girardeau, MO.

The schools I attended now make me look like a loser! [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks to everyone for the resume help. I now thought of another problem with my resume, hope you can advise me. The name of the primary school and high school I attended and graduated from are sort of idiotic, I don't want to give it away but let's just call it "Hemp Den Hollow school...

Thank you note for newspaper re: funeral [ 1 Answers ]

I need a short notice for the newspaper to thank family, friends, clergy and Masonic members on Masonic service and memorial for death of my husband. Does anyone have suggestions how to word this? It needs to be fairly short.

View more questions Search