Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hartmansgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 06:47 PM
    VCR is old without coaxial
    We bought a new HD TV and are connecting it to the cable box with the hd cables.
    The blue ray player we have works just fine, but our old vcr will not tape shows. The TV shows no signal when we attempt to select the vcr.
    Any suggestions?
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Apr 7, 2010, 03:28 AM

Hi. What is the type of connection currently between VCR and TV?

And is the VCR connected in a chain or to anything else? e.g. Cable Box to VCR to TV?
    Xan-Kriegor Posts: 158, Reputation: -2

Apr 7, 2010, 06:28 AM

Look for problems if you accendently connect 2 OUTputts or INputts then you should change of entrance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing coaxial cable [ 3 Answers ]

I need to run a coaxial cable wire to an existing building. It cannot be ran overhead, it has to be underground. Instead of direct burial, I already have a conduit with #6 wire in it for power. Can I, or would it interfere with the cable, if I was to run it in the conduit with the power?

Coaxial Heat Exchanger [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to construct a coaxial heat exchanger using copper pipe and possibly copper tubing. My intent is to use the exchanger to recover heat from my AC compressor to heat / pre-heat domestic hot water. I would appreciate any ideas or techniques that other members may have on how to...

Hook up TV with coaxial to new VCR DVD combon [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old TV I use to run exercise videos. The old VCR broke and I purchased a new one that has a connection marked coaxial. It does not, however, look quite the same as the coaxial cord hookup for the TV. There are no threads for screwing the cord on. Is there something else I need to...

DVD with coaxial input [ 2 Answers ]

I have Dish and I am trying to connect a DVD to my second TV off a Dish DVR combo, I only have a COAXIAL input going to the second TV. Previously I was using an old VCR with a tuner in it, to an old ANALOG TV. Now I have purchased a new HDTV, I can hook up the TV with the COAXIAL input on the...

Coaxial inputs to DVD, VCR [ 1 Answers ]

I finally broke down and bought a new DVD/VCR. (The clock had broken on the old unit, and would gain time) I was surprised to find that there was no coaxial cable connection at all. I took the unit back to Best Buy for my refund and to see if they had any that did have a coax connection. The...

View more questions Search