Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2010, 06:45 AM

A "kid" is a baby goat. While it has become more common to refer to human children as "kids" courts are not a liberal in this matter. Some people also are not happy with the term. Judy was trying to be helpful in making sure you don't offend the court.
    SteveO82 Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2010, 07:00 PM

Okay. Sorry judy, lol. But I do know how to talk to a judge and how to speak in court correctly. Anytime I speak to my attorney or mediator, I refer to him as our son or just use his name. I never use our kid or my kid. I never say "My" anyway because he's "Our" child. Thx for the heads up though!
    SteveO82 Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2010, 07:04 PM

Scott, do you think with the Mom now moving back to the hometown and since we are currently in a temp 50/50 custody plan that the judge will now stick to the status quo? What about this other child that she had with the other guy? He called me and explained how his name is on the birth cert, he has it and a copy of his child's social.

The mom wants to go after him for CS because she claims he has no parental rights and that I do since we're married. So now I am being dragged into the middle of their situation.

I understand I may be held responsible for this other child. I feel it's best not to separate the two, and if the Mom wants to live in our son's home state, I'm glad.

Does her moving back make things easier for our case now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody case.can I move? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I filed for sole custody (with no visitation) of my son last year. His dad had tried to kidnap him after he had gone over to his house one weekend. I guess he was going to run off to Washington with him and hide him or something. His dad had been MIA for years so I had never bothered with the...

Were we would go ( custody battle) [ 3 Answers ]

If my daughter has lived with me since she was 1 month old now she is 3 months old. Her father's mother wants him to file for custody . If she and him lives in Georgia . And they file tehre would we haveto go to Georgia to settle this or would they have to come to Florida??

Custody Battle! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I'm Kelli. I'm 22. I have two daughters, Sarah (3) and Emily (1). :) They are my life. In March, I eloped to a gentlemen I thought I loved. We only dated for a short time but I thought this person would make my family "whole" (I am from a broken home and foolishly thought this would bury...

Custody Battle [ 2 Answers ]

My godson is seeking joint custody of his daughter. He pays child support and wants the courts to tell the mother she can not take the daughter out of town to live no matter what. What are his changes of getting the request order in court?

View more questions Search