Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shen20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Severe pain in all of my front and bottom teeth
    Hiii,

Lately I have been experiencing severe pain in all of my front and bottom teeth. The pain is unbearable and no pain killers work. I am only 20 years of age but when I got my first set of teeth they were quite brittle and porous. My parents had taken me to a dental clinic but they never found what caused the teeth to be like that. What can be the cause for this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:00 PM

Do you have an infected tooth somewhere? Also nerve damage can cause sensations to appear on your face. Is there and swelling or tenderness under the jaw line?
    shen20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 05:37 PM

There is no infected tooth anywhere and no swelling or tenderness either under the jaw line.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:41 PM

It may be possible that you have something going on with a nerve somewhere. Have you ever heard of TMJ? It has to do with alaignment of the jaw and you can experience it while your asleep. Its possible that your jaw / teeth are misalaigned and its causing pressure on a nerve.

Ref:

Temporomandibular joint disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 6, 2010, 09:19 PM

You may be grinding at night? When did the problem come about? Suddenly or gradually?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 10:41 PM

I'll go out on a thin limb. Any possibility there is a 3rd set of teeth? Hyperdontia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 10:46 PM

This was one link I found about porous and brittle teeth: Crack in Fluoride
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2010, 04:31 AM
    Do you have any signs of acid erosion on these teeth?

You should go to the dentist and have him check the teeth, including your bite. If your life has been stressful over the last while you may be grinding your teeth while you sleep.

Since you can't get any pain relief from over the counter medication it is definitely time you SEE a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bottom teeth ache while running [ 11 Answers ]

Whenever I go running I’ve noticed that my bottom teeth have a terrible aching sensation. I’ve always had the problem, since I was about 4 years old anyway. I live in the desert so it’s hardly EVER cold where I live and I see a dentist regularly. I’ve noticed that it’s not only my teeth, my chest,...

How do I treat bunion-related foot pain that is also creating severe back pain? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using orthotics some months back to relieve severe foot pain - the result of two toes that are not in alignment. I found some relief, but I've recently experienced sharp, stabbing pain in my lower back and upper thigh. I am trying to find the connection, but the doctors I've seen either...

Phlegmon under front teeth? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear forum, My doctor/dentist tentatively diagnosed me with phlegmon, after I went into the hospital with a fever of 105. My tongue and gums were swelling and there were two huge skin flaps that'd formed under my tongue. After ex-raying and CT scanning my head, they found a big shadow under...

Missing my two front teeth [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 21 years old, in December of 2005 I had surgery on my mouth, I had six teeth removed, I was told I had to wait until it healed to get partials, well while waiting for it to heal they cancelled my insurance(medicaid) so I went 10 months without my two front teeth. I finally got my...

View more questions Search