Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Dec 3, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Baldness
    OK so I was wondering about male pattern baldness passed down from fathers or what not...
    Is it true that its passed from your mothers father?
    My father is bald, but my mothers father is not.
    Will I be?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 05:34 AM
    All my uncles on my fathers side and my mothers side of the family are bald. My grandfather on my mothers side has a full set of hair. Guess what I already have signs of a balding head. Last time I heard, scientifically speaking. The bald gene is passed down from the mother to the son.

Weird eh! So yes, it is quite possible that you will become bald one day as well.

Joe
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

May 8, 2008, 03:02 PM
    If your mother's father is not bald you should be good, the gene comes from your mothers side.. are you already showing signs of balding? How old are you?
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

May 9, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Wow way to answer an old post haha, I'm not showing any signs of balding no... I think the reason I asked was that my father, and his father... went bald in the same fashion and so naturally I got a bit worried. Meh, ill be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Fall -- Baldness [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I'm of 26 years and unfortunately ,suffering with dandruff and hair fall and slowly leading to bald head. I would like to know the vitamin supplements to avoid the hair fall.. Which vitamin could help in prevention and what are the fruits, vegetables etc where we can find a good...

View more questions Search