Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mboerner Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Green wire in thermostat
    I am replacing an old 3-wire thermostat with a Honeywell programmable thermostat. It will be connected to an old oil-fired burner (no AC). The red and white wires are easy to figure out, but there is a green wire that had become disconnected, so I don't know where it was connected originally. The Honeywell instructions say to connect the green to the 'G' terminal (fan relay), but I don't know if that applies to me. My heating system has six zones, each controlled by a separate thermostat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace 4 wire thermostat with a 2 wire thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

On my wall I have a 4 wire thermostat, the wires are black and red, I have purchased a new thermostat and it has only two wires which are also black and white. I was woundering if someone could tell me if it can be changed or if I need to purchase a 4 wire thermostat. Thanks

I'm replacing an old 2 wire thermostat with a Hunter (#44155C). Wire placement? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure of the wire placement. I have a black and white wire attached to my old thermostat. The new thermostat has attachments labeled G, RC, Rh, Y/O, W/B, Y1. There is a jumper connecting RC and RH. Do I connect the black wire to RH and the white wire to W/B? Any help would be greatly...

How do I replace a 3-wire thermostat with a 4-wire thermostat? [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a Honeywell thermostat with four wires and our current Mears model has 3 wires colored black, red, and white. The wires on the Honeywell model are 2 red and 2 black. How, if possible, can we use this thermostat with the current wiring?

How to wire 3 wire 2 zone cooling only to Honeywell thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I currently have two zones for cooling only and the thermostat wires are red, blue and white. The red is labeled Rc which is easy, the white is labeled W Heat (this doesn't make sense to me) and the blue is labeled cool? What I think I need to do is connect the red to the Rc on the thermostat,...

Replacing 6 wire thermostat with 5 wire thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Magic Chef Model 34154C001 thermostat for an electrical heating and cooling system. This model has 6 wires included: W - White R - Red G - Green Y - Yellow O - Orange C - Black I purchased a Honeywell RTH230B programmable thermostat that only has 5 connections. The...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.