Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dunl2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 12:10 AM
    Door bell wiring
    I would like to know what the circuit of a door bell (front lighted button) no back door bell, how it is wired with four wires. Two solid blue and two blue/white. Four each on the transformer ane four on the bell transdusher. Two on the button, front door. How does this work?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Sounds like someone doubled up spare wires. Are there two wires per terminal?

The transformer has two terminals, one goes directly to the chime, the other goes to one terminal at the pushbutton, and the other terminal on the pushbutton goes back to the chime.

Should be as simple as that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Door bell ringer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing just the ringer part of the doorbell (the type of doorbell with a transformer). Should I shut off the electricity when doing this, or since they are low-voltage wires is it OK to install it with the electricity on? Or is this a stupid question ;) The way the electricians wired our...

View more questions Search