Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SONOMAMA29 Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Apr 14, 2010, 03:14 PM

Your only 18, she probably isn't the "one" anyway, and if she is, your will to sacrifice your future for a possible child that may not be yours? She is great, she is wonderful everything your alledgely not? Get some confidence and start watching 16 and pregnant, it's a HUGH eye opener, good luck
    mich02 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2010, 11:39 AM

I would just wait. You can't force her into a decision. Perhaps you feel like she will be throwing away her future, but that's not really up to you to decide. It ultimately her decision.

If you choose to stick around after she has the baby (if that is what she does) then you have to be sure you are going to STAY around. It will be hard, she will possibly have feelings for the father and he will (hopefully) always be around. It could get dramatic. I think you need to really think about what is going to best for YOU at this point.
    qtful31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2010, 10:39 AM

The both of you are still so young. I understand that you feel like you have connected with her on a level like no one else you've dated, but she will not be the person she is at 21 that she is at 16. Especially if she becomes a parent. I think that you should end the relationship and move on with your life, but remain her friend and be as supportive as you can be. Good Luck
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

May 30, 2010, 12:16 PM

After 5 weeks involvement with a girl I would say yes you could possibly be connected I was with my husband it was love at first sight, we are soul mates, however the way you have reacted to this girl being pregnant to me shows you have rushed and if you don't feel you can accept another mans child now then ask yourself how are you going to feel if you do stay together and in time she becomes pregnant with your child, I would think that it could mean you then push the first child out, and favour your own child, there's a lot at stake here, however the most important thing here is the unborn child, I don't agree with abortion, and hope she doesn't get one, but I would also say you and the girl are both far too young and immature to make a success of any relationship, Don't forget that unborn child didn't ask to be conceived. Are you mature enough to handle the situation, only you know that butn will that realisation come to you before or after that unborn child comes into the world, its about the child mostly after all. I hope you can face the truth in all of this. Don't hold her to you with emotional blackmail, because you can live without her, by telling her you can't though that's emotional blackmail, take a step back, for all concerned.

positiveparent
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2010, 06:19 PM

If this is how you feel about it, then perhaps you don't belong with this girl in the first place. If you are so strongly set against this, I only see problems in the future for you both. Unless you are willing to support her and love her AND her child, with out any reservations, then the relationship isn't going to work out anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If you ask someone to leave your property and they don't and you touch them why don't [ 11 Answers ]

She came to my home and started accusing me of something that a phone call if made ,would have proved my innocence.. but instead of finding out first as she was moving her things out of my storage she insisted on calling me a thief and a lier.. I asked her to leave told her to come back with the...

Girlfriend wants to take my kid to Ohio and leave ? How can I keep custidy of my kid [ 13 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my girlfriend keeps threatening to take our son and leave me to go back to Ohio. How can I stop her from taking my child out of state? What are my rights?

Don't want to leave.mother of my kids wants me to leave. [ 5 Answers ]

I love them all so much,but she says I have to go.if I stay around she gets angry and screams.im a good dad but my head and heart is all over the place,don't know what to do,she4 won't talk about it.

I don't want to leave my fianc? But I don't know what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for a 1 year.We have really been through everything together. There is just one problem that cause the most trouble.He has a 3 year old daughter with his exwife of seven years.She took his daughter away from him and he just got her back today.He had to drop his...

Grandma who don't see a grand kid [ 1 Answers ]

Any grandma who don't see grandchils

View more questions Search