Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 20, 2010, 06:03 AM
    Which bit.

Comparing Clegg with Obama is like comparing Porsche with Lada, a non-starter..
    BossMan

Apr 23, 2010, 03:49 AM
    He stole my lollipop and I'm telling on him: BBC News - Election 2010: Tories attack Labour over leaflet 'lies'

Why don't they just get the heads out of their behinds and actually get on with what they are meant to be doing??
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2010, 08:02 AM

Comparing Clegg with Obama is like comparing Porsche with Lada, a non-starter..
    Here come that Ruskie car again
    Nick Clegg echoes Obama in debate | Reuters
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2010, 07:01 AM

Appears that Brown has foot in mouth disease and it is about to sink his candidacy. He got caught on live mike calling a lady who had legit questions about immigration policy a "bigot".
    PostPartisan - Why Gordon Brown's 'bigotgate' gaffe was so bad

I wish I could find the video of when Brown was confronted by a host who had a recording of the outburst. Brown looked crushed like he knew his career is over.
    BossMan

Apr 30, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Here's the BBC's latest it everything: BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | UK election

Grinningboy Blair was quoted as saying that he believes that Brown has every chance of election. Well what I'm thinking about that clearly isn't printable ;) ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8653836.stm )

This kind of tickled me in a perverse manner: BBC News - Car crashes close to Labour Party poster launch
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2010, 08:10 AM

So the country is looking for a big change in government.

The only thing I have heard in the news so far about the champagne was Brown leaving his mic on and calling some women bigoted.

Then him going back and spending 40 minutes with her to apologize.

Our news is on the slant of how they are trying to get anything and everything on brown and will not let up. Does not matter what it is.

I guess I should read the whole thread but pressed for time. Good luck in the election and hope that whatever changes may take place it is better for you guys as a country in whole.
    BossMan

May 5, 2010, 02:44 AM
    Well last day of campaigning for the parties.
    Crunch day tomorrow.

Polls are still extremely close and the talk of a hung parliament has increased.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2010, 03:01 AM

Has Brown given himself credit for not signing up with the Euro currency ? That would appear to be a selling point at this time.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2010, 03:03 AM

What is the steps that will likely happen if the elections result in a hung Parliament ?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 5, 2010, 09:30 PM

Hung parliament? Does that mean minority?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 02:30 AM

I sort of heard a scenario where no party gets a majority vote. Supposedly the Queen would offer Brown the 1st shot of forming a coalition gvt. But ,I think she also has the authority to do a number of different things .
    BossMan

May 6, 2010, 02:41 AM
    There's a few possible outcomes to a hung parliament.

It's all detailed here: BBC News - What is a hung parliament?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2010, 04:20 AM

Yes that explains a hung Paliament . But how does this deadlock get resolved ?
    BossMan

May 6, 2010, 04:29 AM
    You either end up with a minority government, the ones that got the most seats, or a true coalition where 2 or more parties create a majority of seats.

The slide show demonstrates this ;)

There may well be a second, snap election in a short space of time, or they may well just drive forward in minority.

We operate a First Passed The Post system: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/p...10/8643955.stm
    BossMan

May 6, 2010, 02:27 PM
    Well that's it all done bar the counting.
    Exit polls suggest Tories will be 19 seats short of an overall majority, i.e. the 326 seats neeeded to completely win

BBC News - Election exit poll: Tories to be 19 short of majority
    BossMan

May 7, 2010, 12:03 AM
    Well that's it all over and yes it looks like it will be hung.
    Very close for the cons though.

Here's how things pan out from here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/p...10/8660699.stm
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2010, 03:32 AM

I guess no one will visit the Queen today.
    BossMan

May 7, 2010, 03:33 AM
    Doubt it, unless Brown does the decent thing and concedes defeat.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2010, 07:10 AM

Just heard that Brown will not graciously step down . He claims he can form a government . Does that mean he brings the Liberals into a majority ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2010, 10:09 PM
    Well they had a election and typical British fashion it was a non event. They have never heard of the principle of equal representation and so they got a result they didn't want. One side is complaining they got 23 % of the vote and only 9% of the seats. Welcome to the real world, it was first past the post after all. With a result like that they would have been lucky to get a seat where I live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The icici bank account held by my father and me jointly has been held. What to do [ 7 Answers ]

My father and I have a joint account in icici bank. All the money in the account is of my father. I had defaulted in icici credit card. The icici bank has held the account. What my father can do?

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

The UK's 'The Murder Game' [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know if there's any plans for the BBC to do a second series of 'The Murder Game' or if it's been shelved? Not sure what the ratings were for the first series but I enjoyed it. Anyhoo...

View more questions Search