Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akorn1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 09:08 PM
    Why am I so worried?
    I've gotten very behind in a class and will probably be kicked out if I haven't already, I'm just wondering how mad do you think the people around me will be when I tell them. I'm a Junior in college (community college), 19 years old, my parents haven't had to pay a dime yet since I was on a high school scholarship so far, and failing this class won't cause any additional costs. I really want to know what I can do to stop feeling like I did back in elementary when I brought home a bad report card, I feel immature for feeling like they still control me like they did back then.
    mboerner Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2010, 07:29 AM

I teach at a community college, and I am wondering how you got so far behind in a class? You mention bad report cards in elementary school--did these troubles follow you through middle and high school? I am wondering if perhaps you have undiagnosed learning differences. I work with many kids who turn out to have ADHD or other differences in their learning styles--these can cause kids to really struggle in school. Notice I did not say these kids can't learn--most students have the ability to do well in school once these differences are figured out and strategies are created to allow them to learn in the way their brain is configured. BTW, I would think your parents wouldn't be mad, unless the reason you are not doing well is because you are goofing off on purpose (which would be immature of you). In that case, maybe you are not ready for college yet. First though, check with the college student services--they can help you with information on how to get tested for learning differences. Hope this answer isn't too long--I've seen too many kids struggle needlessly. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

Well, I'm worried. [ 5 Answers ]

So, here is the deal. I have these red spots on the head of my penis, not all over, just kind of in the center from base of the head and they go up a bit. They go away, and come back after being sexually active (ive never had sex, only received oral, and messed around that way) or masturbating....

I'm worried [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks for reading this. I have a question?. if I got my period 3 days after having unprotected sex, when he didn't ejaculate but there might have been pre-sperm, am I pregnant? Please answer me:confused:

Should we be worried? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm not a woman so I'm not sure I should be posting here but I figure this is the best place to get answers. My girlfriend and I had unportected sex the day her last period ended. I did not ejaculate in her and the whole thing didn't last very long. I was wondering what are the chances of...

View more questions Search