Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 5, 2010, 09:02 PM
    Why does my ear ache when I lie on one side?
    When I was growing up,I normally suffered from ear ache.But it stopped some 12 years ago. But now,I rather have an intense pain when I sleep on one side and am about to turn to the other... the ear on the side I am lying on aches me badly for like 6seconds and the pain fades away.
    What could the problem be?
    My ear was examined but nothing was seen wrong.

Apr 9, 2010, 08:54 PM

... I felt the pain today afternoon as I slept.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 9, 2010, 09:10 PM
    Just a suggestion- stop sleeping on that side.

"Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!"
    "Then don't do that."

Apr 10, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolfe View Post
    Just a suggestion- stop sleeping on that side.

"Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this!"
    "Then don't do that."
    ... thanks for the tip. But how else am I supposed to sleep?My ear is attached to my head and I need to put it on the surface! I can't sleep like I am in a coffin all through the night,can I?:confused: Both sides ache!

Apr 26, 2010, 09:13 PM

I feel consoled to know that other people too have this problem!
    Take a look:

Severe ear pain caused when I lay down at night. >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side mirror switch works side to side and down but not up on both sides [ 1 Answers ]

Side mirror switch works side to side and down but not up on both sides for plymouth voyager 1998

Antibiotics aren't working on my abcess I have ear ache and sore neck down 1 side ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large abscess from the top of my cheekbone to half way down my jaw I can only open my mouth 1 cm roughly I went to the dentist he couldn't look in my mouth because I couldn't open it I was prescibed the 2 strongest antibiotics and they aren't working the swelling hasn't went down I now...

Ear ache, crackly voice in non-smoker [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost my voice now for over 10 days, with ear aches. I am a non smoker, and an adult. Any suggestions? Sometimes the ears feel like they are draining, but nothing comes out.

Hoarse throat and ear ache [ 4 Answers ]

I am 43 year old smoker(since I was 13) and for the past 8-9 months I have had a hoarse throat with a feeling of something in it and a painful ear ache. I have had my thyroid checked and they say it is fine. My voice keeps going in and out and scratchy as well. I know that this isn't just a cold or...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search