Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I b me Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 07:07 PM
    It's been a long time...
    Hi,I'm new at doing this but I don't know what to do.My daughter is now 6 almost seven her father and I haven't had contact in this time.When I was pg. and I didn't know yet he came over and got violent with me and my 1 yr.old daughter I called the cops and he got arrested.While we were going through the court stuff I found out I was pg.The atterney let him know.He hasn't had anything to do with her,I have never asked him for anything nor has he.He has been trouble with the law since this has happened including statitory rape to a minor.He recently ran into a friend of mine that he never even met.They found a letter on their car one morning stating he will be in touch and he was looking for me.My friend didn't say anything of the sort where they lived. I don't even know what laws to look under or what to do if anyone could help please let me know before he finds us...
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Apr 5, 2010, 07:56 PM

So what's the question?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 07:58 PM

If you are afraid, you should look into a restraining order. But frankly, if he is violent that may only make him madder. I would consider moving or hiding with someone he does not know about. You should not have to do that, but you sound very afraid of him and that is probably an indication that he is dangerous. Your safety and your daughter's are the most important thing.

Did your daughter's father go to jail? Can you contact that same lawyer again for help?

I am so sorry.
    I b me Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 09:30 PM

My question is can I have his rights taken away or is there anything I can do legally so I don't get in trouble.Yes he did go to jail for all of it.I already had to move once because his friends found me and harassed me and I also changed my number.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Apr 5, 2010, 10:29 PM

You can't just have them taken away. He will have to sign them away. Which means that yes, you will have to have contact with him... or at least the court will and you will have to see him in the courtroom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why a concrete driveway it take long time to get uniforme color in winter time? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just have a driveway done, and it has different color thy pour the concrete in winter and cover with blanquets, and I will like to know if the color going to be all the same?

Sci fi a long long time ago [ 6 Answers ]

Do not remember much -it was in a jungle and this slime kept doubling in size and would soon take over the world. That all I can remember does anyone have any idea as to the title??

Long time no see [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Scott, where you been?

View more questions Search