Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cretes1951 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Best way to install backer board over vinyl floor which is installed over concrete
    Want to install tile over vinyl floor which is installed over concrete do I need to anchor backer board with tap con screws or will thinset be enough
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Apr 5, 2010, 06:23 PM

I'd take up the vinyl and skip the backer board. If you want to use backer, thinset and tapcons, but it'll never be as good as taking up the vinyl.
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Apr 5, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Cement backer is not used over concrete,. ever.

Jaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green board vs cement backer board for tub/shower surrounds [ 2 Answers ]

Our tub/hand held shower surround currently has green board (mold & waterproofed board) on the walls and is primed and painted. We are wanting to tile the walls, do we need to rip out the current green board and put up cement backerboard or can we put it right over the current green board? NAN

Vinyl tile on angled concrete floor? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tack room that has a concrete floor. The floor was poured with a drain in the center of the floor, and the floor is angled so that any water moves towards the drain. I am considering sprucing up the room and would like to use vinyl tiles. Can these be used on a tapered floor? I like...

How to install replacement vinyl windows into a concrete basement. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 1955 bungalow. We want to replace the original wooden windows in the basement with vinyl sliding windows. The basement walls are about 8" concrete. The rough opening is 36" x 24" We believe that we need to remove the old windows and frame, then put in a new frame of pressured treated...

Cement backer board over vinyl tile [ 4 Answers ]

Is it OK to screw cement backer board over 12 x12 vinyli tile before applying ceramic tile?

Shower concrete floor and backer board walls [ 4 Answers ]

My contrator laid a layer of concrete over backer board today to use as my shower pan. He did slope it to the drain as the shower will have no door. I know nothing about pans and tiles, but he says he will waterproof it and up six feet of the backer-boarded walls tomorrow. He also says...

View more questions Search