Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Explore yourself.
    What would you do if you knew that you would not fail?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 10:16 PM

I would get a college degree in social work. Become a Christian Psychologist. Discover a cure for Autism and Downs Syndrome. Since I have no College Degree... I would start a movement to help older people who have fought for our Country. Start a bill to let people see how many of our veterans young and old are getting lost in the system.

Thanks Stringer.. Great Thread... :)
    Business Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 10:52 PM

Interesting Kit, you have a few important items listed and that is fine. If you had to pick only one?
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Interesting Kit, you have a few important items listed and that is fine. If you had to pick only one?

I would find a cure for autism Thanks stringer.. :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 04:18 PM

I would reach out to youth who are headed in the wrong direction of life and put them on the right path.
    They are our youth and society cannot afford to loose too many more generations of them.
    Business Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 04:41 PM

Hi Homegirl,

A very good thing to do, if you knew that you couldn't fail can you imagine what you could accomplish?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:11 PM
    Hi, Stringer!

One of the first things that I would try to do is to find a way for everyone to be able to have a job.

There are others that I can think of, but that would probably be the first.

Great idea for a thread, Stringer!

Thanks!
    Business Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Stringer!

One of the first things that I would try to do is to find a way for everyone to be able to have a job.

There are others that I can think of, but that would probably be the first.

Great idea for a thread, Stringer!

Thanks!
    Good choice Clough, that would certainly start things on the right track again.
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Good choice Clough, that would certainly start things on the right track again.

It really would Stringer.:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Do we get a second or third choice?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:48 PM

I would somehow, totally and completely solve the world's economic issues so that it would benefit everyone and things would run more smoothly. (if only)
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I would find a cure for autism Thanks stringer..:)
    My brother has a high functioning form of Autism called Aspergers Syndrome.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    My brother has a high functioning form of Autism called Aspergers Syndrome.
    One of the girls I went to high school with has a grandson who has autism. Sweet little boy, you wouldn't believe how good he is with numbers and ( SOME TIMES )his smile will melt your heart.
    Exactly what is Aspergers? I know most people who have high funtioning can go to school even live alone and hold down a job. Is this right ohso?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 08:36 AM
    one of the girls I went to high school with has a grandson who has autism. Sweet little boy, you wouldn't beleive how good he is with numbers and ( SOME TIMES )his smile will melt your heart.
    Exactly what is Aspergers? I know most people who have high funtioning can go to school even live alone and hold down a job. Is this right ohso?
    That's pretty much what it is in a nutshell, but if you want to learn more here's a link. :).
    ASPERGER'S DISORDER HOMEPAGE
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    That's pretty much what it is in a nutshell, but if you want to learn more here's a link. :).
    ASPERGER'S DISORDER HOMEPAGE
    Thanks ohso... Stringer this is a great thread. Can we have two choices?:D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Exactly what is Aspergers? I know most people who have high funtioning can go to school even live alone and hold down a job.
    I have an autistic son (a form called hyperlexia) and am married to a guy with Asperger's whose deceased father probably had Asperger's also. My husband and I figured out only recently that he is an Aspie -- the condition was nearly unheard of when we were growing up. My husband is retired from a career with Western Electric/Lucent as a 5ESS installer. It was a very structured job with lots of detail -- perfect for him and his needs. Now I understand why my husband insisted on going to the same vacation spots year after year, staying in the same motels, and eating in the same restaurants. So many things I understand now! And our son has worked in a library for almost twenty years -- the perfect place for him (loves to read and remembers -- without deliberately memorizing them -- Dewey decimal numbers, authors, titles, etc.).

I know there are children who are profoundly autistic -- and probably adults who are institutionalized for the same reason when no one could figure out what was wrong with them -- but I don't know that I would find a cure for autism. I'd want to find a way to help those profoundly handicapped by it, but the autistic people I personally know are proud of who they are and wouldn't want to be boring "normals" like you and I are. They are like left-handed people who have to adapt to the rest of us who are righties.
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Thanks ohso...Stringer this is a great thread. Can we have two choices?:D
    Yes, of course Kit.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I have an autistic son (a form called hyperlexia) and am married to a guy with Asperger's whose deceased father probably had Asperger's also. My husband and I figured out only recently that he is an Aspie -- the condition was nearly unheard of when we were growing up. My husband is retired from a career with Western Electric/Lucent as a 5ESS installer. It was a very structured job with lots of detail -- perfect for him and his needs. Now I understand why my husband insisted on going to the same vacation spots year after year, staying in the same motels, and eating in the same restaurants. So many things I understand now! And our son has worked in a library for almost twenty years -- the perfect place for him (loves to read and remembers -- without deliberately memorizing them -- Dewey decimal numbers, authors, titles, etc.).

I know there are children who are profoundly autistic -- and probably adults who are institutionalized for the same reason when no one could figure out what was wrong with them -- but I don't know that I would find a cure for autism. I'd want to find a way to help those profoundly handicapped by it, but the autistic people I personally know are proud of who they are and wouldn't want to be boring "normals" like you and I are. They are like left-handed people who have to adapt to the rest of us who are righties.
    WG.. I have never looked at it that way... I guess I think of the children who are not as lucky.. the ones whose parent's don't work with them or who just give up on them. My friend is a wonderful grandmother. I hope I didn't offend you. :) I have seen many autistic children who are not nurtured by someone like you and it hurts me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 09:19 AM
    if you knew that you couldn't fail can you imagine what you could accomplish?
    Now, wait a minute! It's when we fail and make mistakes that we learn. We'd never learn anything if we were always successful at anything we did. If I crack an egg over the bowl of creamed butter and sugar when I'm making cookies and pieces of shell fall into the bowl along with the yolk and white, batter, I've just learned something -- crack the egg over a clean cereal bowl or measuring cup so I don't end up with egg shells in my cookie dough. In fact, let's go back to when we are babies -- a baby's mistakes are how it learns. And the baby not only learns the right way, but knows what to avoid doing next time.

Continuous success with no mistakes breeds arrogance and impatience with others "less fortunate."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 09:33 AM
    WG..I have never looked at it that way... I guess I think of the children who are not as lucky ..the ones whose parent's don't work with them or who just give up on them. My friend is a wonderful grandmother. I hope I didn't offend you. :) i have seen many autistic children who are not nurtured by someone like you and it hurts me.
    I didn't "work with" my son Daniel. Autism was unheard of and not talked about until just recently. I always accepted Daniel as a kid who learned things a slightly different way. For instance, he is a visual person, so he has to see something in print, and then it's his forever. Hearing his teachers give out assignments didn't work; he learned to write down assignments immediately. (His father carries around a pocket full of 3x5 cards of to-do lists of all sorts.) Neither husband or son is a social person and has no interest in "hanging out." Being very social, I've had to find my own way in our marriage. Son Daniel has only one BFF and would rather read something by Pushkin or work on a crossword puzzle than socialize. Both husband and son have had to find their way without offending the rest of the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I let my children explore religion? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello my name is connie and I have 3 kids. My daughter who is 3 wants to go to church so does my 6 year old son... But I am neither chirstien or anything else I was never raised around religion So what do I do I am not into the whole church thing its not that I am a non beliver but I like to do my...

Internet explore [ 2 Answers ]

I can't open internet explorer. I am able to open Firefox.

Bad message and Explore can not be accessed [ 5 Answers ]

Help please, I have two problems. First when I boot up I get the message --- “IBM00001.exe (or one of its components) Make sure the path + filename are correct and that all Required libraries are avaliable” I know that this was a trojan I deleted, but I still get this message. How do I...

View more questions Search