Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I didn't "work with" my son Daniel. Autism was unheard of and not talked about until just recently. I always accepted Daniel as a kid who learned things a slightly different way. For instance, he is a visual person, so he has to see something in print, and then it's his forever. Hearing his teachers give out assignments didn't work; he learned to write down assignments immediately. (His father carries around a pocket full of 3x5 cards of to-do lists of all sorts.) Neither husband or son is a social person and has no interest in "hanging out." Being very social, I've had to find my own way in our marriage. Son Daniel has only one BFF and would rather read something by Pushkin or work on a crossword puzzle than socialize. Both husband and son have had to find their way without offending the rest of the world.
    Thanks WG:). I think what amazes me is the fact that Jeremy is so outstanding in Math. I mean he is very good with my husband and me. His room is immaculate. He hates any change in his routine.
    He loves certain people and even then he likes his own space. But he has a smile like an angel when he sees or hears something that pleases him.

Thanks WG.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Now, wait a minute! It's when we fail and make mistakes that we learn. We'd never learn anything if we were always successful at anything we did. If I crack an egg over the bowl of creamed butter and sugar when I'm making cookies and pieces of shell fall into the bowl along with the yolk and white, batter, I've just learned something -- crack the egg over a clean cereal bowl or measuring cup so I don't end up with egg shells in my cookie dough. In fact, let's go back to when we are babies -- a baby's mistakes are how it learns. And the baby not only learns the right way, but knows what to avoid doing next time.

Continuous success with no mistakes breeds arrogance and impatience with others "less fortunate."
    Hmmm not exactly the point of my thread WG. Although you are correct in that we obviously learn from our mistakes (hopefully) my point was if you could do something in which could not fail what would you do. Not that we would be infallible in everything.

Still love you... :)

Stringer
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Hmmm not exactly the point of my thread WG. Although you are correct in that we obviously learn from our mistakes (hopefully) my point was if you could do something in which could not fail what would you do. Not that we would be infallible in everything.

Still love ya.... :)

Stringer
    But stringer, dear heart, I WANT to make mistakes. I think the do-something-and-not-fail statement needs to be restated and clarified. But then, that's just picky me, I guess. (If you could do something and it would come to fruition and accomplish exactly what you intended?)
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
    But stringer, dear heart, I WANT to make mistakes. I think the do-something-and-not-fail statement needs to be restated and clarified. But then, that's just picky me, I guess. (If you could do something and it would come to fruition and accomplish exactly what you intended?)
    Yes. But I own this one my dear... :):):rolleyes:;) :p
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:34 AM

The first thng I would do, end abuse.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
    I think that the way the original question is stated is fine! It's hypothetical as to what could happen.

"Dream a Little Dream", etc.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
    Originally Posted by Wondergirl

Yes, you DO, Stringer! ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 11:38 AM

WG, you could make every possible mistake without failing and succeeding! Sound good?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Once you post it, it becomes mine too. HA!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    you could make every possible mistake without failing and succeeding!
    Huh? I think some punctuation would help that sentence. As it stands, you are spinning your wheels and going nowhere.
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Once you post it, it becomes mine too. HA!
    Double "HA ha." You can respond but my name is on the thread... :D:rolleyes:

(I was considering using bad grammar to emphasize my point but I didn't... ;):rolleyes: )
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Double "HA ha." You can respond but my name is on the thread.... :D:rolleyes:

(I was considering using bad grammar to emphasize my point but I didn't........ ;):rolleyes: )
    I won't mention the missing comma.

Now, I have to think of an answer for your question.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 04:56 PM
    I would stop the war... Bring our young men and women home. There would be no more flag draped coffins or families with broken hearts . No fatherless children or war widows. No sad goodbyes as mother and fathers, wife's and husbands and children say goodbye to a loved one going overseas. I would do that.

Thanks Stringer... you're a great guy
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    okay Stringer...
    ?? :confused:
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 05:16 PM
    ???? :confused:
    Sorry Stringer... lost the post for a second. :o
    Business Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Sorry Stringer...lost the post for a second. :o
    No problem, I just wanted to know what you wanted to say. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2010, 05:37 PM
    No problem, I just wanted to know what you wanted to say. :)
    Thanks Stringer... would you say goodby to all my friends for me. I am going to unsubscribe today. Just tell everyone.. I will miss them. See you Stringer if not here than another place someday and we'll know each other. Clough and j and Alty m and ami and talaniman and jhelper. I make too many mistakes on here and I don't mean too. I love all of you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 05:40 PM
    Huh? I think some punctuation would help that sentence. As it stands, you are spinning your wheels and going nowhere.
    You could make mistakes constantly. And you wouldn't fail by succeeding (which would be failing). I confused myself. It's hard to put into words... sorry
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 05:52 PM
    Thanks Stringer....would you say goodby to all my friends for me. I am going to unsubscribe today. Just tell everyone..I will miss them. See you Stringer if not here than another place someday and we'll know each other. Clough and j and Alty m and ami and talaniman and jhelper. I make too many mistakes on here and I don't mean too. I love all of you.
    Whoa, where did this come from? Did something happen Kit?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 5, 2010, 05:53 PM

Stinger, to answer your post, I would start my own business selling the furniture and knicknacks I make.

Can I also cure cancer or am I only allowed one wish?

Where's the stinking Genie, I demand at least 3 wishes! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I let my children explore religion? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello my name is connie and I have 3 kids. My daughter who is 3 wants to go to church so does my 6 year old son... But I am neither chirstien or anything else I was never raised around religion So what do I do I am not into the whole church thing its not that I am a non beliver but I like to do my...

Internet explore [ 2 Answers ]

I can't open internet explorer. I am able to open Firefox.

Bad message and Explore can not be accessed [ 5 Answers ]

Help please, I have two problems. First when I boot up I get the message --- “IBM00001.exe (or one of its components) Make sure the path + filename are correct and that all Required libraries are avaliable” I know that this was a trojan I deleted, but I still get this message. How do I...

View more questions Search