Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 3, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Why is it easier to say...
    Why is it easier to say ''Love you'' than "I love you''?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Hi, Violaename!

I think that it's because "Love you" is not as committed a way of saying it. I hope that makes sense.

I much prefer to say or write, "I love you"!

Hopefully, others will come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 01:05 PM

This is just my opinion, but I feel that the letter "I" is much more intense in I love you, opposed to Love you. For example, when I am hanging out with a good friend, and we are about to part, sometimes, we will say o each other, "love ya".

That letter "I" can be so strong!
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 01:09 PM
    Hi, Enigma1999!

I agree that adding the "I" adds a lot of strength to the statement. Seems to make it a lot more personal.

I do wonder though, why some people are afraid to add the "I" when it would be very appropriate to add it. Such as when the statement is directed towards a member of a family or another close, loved one?

Thanks!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 01:22 PM

Hello Clough,

That's a very good question...

For me though, I do use the letter I in I love you, when it comes to my family. I, however, do struggle using the letter I when it comes to a significant other. I almost feel as if I will show a sign of weakness, in doing so. I to get close, yet still remain far away... So, if I say "I" then I am breaking down my guard. Me using "I" in I love you, makes me feel vulnerable.

Again, only MY opinion.

For you, are you comfortable using "I" in I love you, other than family? Thanks.
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Most of the time, I tell personal friends, "I love you!" I'm very comfortable with saying it.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 3, 2010, 02:36 PM

... Just the way I was expecting this discussion to go...
    Keep the answers coming!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does this get any easier? [ 21 Answers ]

2 1/2 years ago I love my wife. I know in this forum that's not an uncommon thing. I was mid 20's, had children and for a while felt completely lost. As if life had pulled the rug out from under me and I didn't see it coming. As a man one feels the need to hide emotion, I hate thinking someone...

Any Easier Way [ 3 Answers ]

Hello and calling all frequent mathematics posters, is there any easier way to create math symbols than all that slashing and memorization:confused:

Which is easier? [ 2 Answers ]

Which is easier? A drop spindle, or a spinning wheel? Its been years since I used a drop spindle, so I can't quite remember how to.

What is easier [ 3 Answers ]

In order to remove warm air from a room and replacing it with a coolest air from outside, what is easier (beter performance), pumping the fresh air inside and permitting the warmer air goes out freely (blowing from outside to inside) or sucking the warm air from inside to outside (extracting) and...

Is it Harder,or Easier [ 2 Answers ]

Is Pre-Algebra harder or easier than regular algebra?

View more questions Search