Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dogwoodhillroad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Home Electric service 200 amp upgrade
    I need to upgrade my current 100 amp service with fuses, to a new 200 amp service
    Box. What would the total ball park price be including labor, and material.
    Thanks,
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 08:07 PM
    In Fort Kent Maine probably $600.00, Boston $1500.00 South California $3000.00. These of course are guesstimates more to show ratio and that different markets will be priced differently.

Ask for three estimates from qualified contractors, be sure they include permitting and inspection if required, and carry the proper insurances.
    robodoc Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2006, 09:14 PM
    I handle most of my own electrical work, but part of common sense is knowing your own limits. I didn't dare work with my house main, even though I have done some 480 at work. Anyway, when I had mine done, I bought my own materials, Square D QO series, and had an electrician do the work. He charged about $500 for labor, and I think my materials were between $500 and $600.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New 200 amp service [ 21 Answers ]

Upgrading to new 200 amp service. I have installed new 200amp /main lug/30 spaces /40 circuit/ Square d in house. I have ran #4/o al. with ground in 2 inch conduit, 24 inch below ground, to outside where new 200 amp serv. Disc. Will be. Ground is rocky with clay. I am worn out, used old pick and...

200 Amp Service [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200 amp meter base and a 200 amp dedicated disconnect mounted on an exterior structure mandated by the servicing electric coop. My question is - Is there a weatherproof exterior panel that has a built-in plug similar to the one that is included in the outdoor temporary power outlet...

200 amp service with a 200 amp outdoor breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to wire a 200 amp outdoor breaker enclosure.I have 4/0 scu cable for my service head to the meter,and 4/0 scu from meter to breaker enclosure.Then from the breaker enclosure I have 4/0 ser cable to my panel.What is the proper wiring method in the enclosure,please help.

200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 200 amp,underground residentual service. My ungrounded service leads will be - wire size 4/0. My question is, can I use a smaller size wire for my grounded netural?

200 amp service questions [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Utah and have a couple of questions. I have a 150 amp underground service and the circuit box is full even with double breakers. I am adding onto my house, needing to move the 150 amp service and will increase it to a 200 amp service. The power company is OK with this work as moving...

View more questions Search