Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nichols8785 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2010, 01:15 AM
    Is it illegal to be pregnant with someone else's baby while still legally married?
    I'm still legally married but haven't been around.. seen.. etc. my soon to be ex-husband in over a year, I have a boyfriend presently and we are expecting. Can my soon to be ex-husband do anything legal wise about this? Will this effect my divorce?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 06:24 AM

Depending upon where you live your husband could be considered the baby's legal father and could be required to pay support.

No, there's nothing illegal about getting pregnant by anyone other than your husband.

You say he is your soon to be ex-husband. How far along is the divorce?

It your husband is smart he will be the one to raise this issue so he doesn't get mired in legal problems at some point in the future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 05:48 PM

In some states they will not allow the divorce till the baby is born,

The real father may have to be proven though DNA in court
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Apr 3, 2010, 11:37 PM

Yeah, what will happen probably (depending on the state) is that before you can get a divorce you will have to wait for the baby and then have it tested to prove who the actual father is. At least that's what happened to my mother-in-law.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 4, 2010, 09:23 AM

No its not illegal to be pregnant by any one, any where, as long as your of age, and so is the father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

Pregnant with a married mans baby [ 6 Answers ]

About 4 months ago I meet a man that was still married but separated from his wife. He fell for me fast. I became pregnant about 2 months into us dating and this past christmas he ended it with me and went back to his wife knowing that I was pregnant. What do you think I should do?

Legally married? [ 3 Answers ]

My mom was married in jamaica... she is going through a rough marriage and I was wondering if there was any possibility she is not legally married?? She had her drivers license swiped in a restaurant the other day and it came up her maiden name even though her married name is on her drivers...

Girl pregnant with married mans baby [ 17 Answers ]

Hey this is my first time here and I just wanted to ask for some advice that maybe I can show my friend. Bear with me since it's a long story. I knew this girl that I'll call "D" back about 5 years ago and we dated for a couple of weeks but broke up because her Mom didn't want her dating. ...

I just found out my boyfriend is still legally married... What do I do? [ 16 Answers ]

Whyyyyyyy do guys have to be so confusing?? Why why Why why?! What should I do? Should I ask him how he feels? I'm not even sure if we're in a relationship or if were just friends that make out. -____- Nrgh! There's other issues I'm having trouble dealing with, why do I always fall?? Fine, you know...

View more questions Search