Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    impi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 PM
    Cleaning dentures
    I have two dentures which have got stained. How do I get them to their sparkling best and what regimen do I follow to prevent relapse. What are the commercial or home remedies
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 06:18 AM
    Daily brushing of dentures is a MUST. Be sure you brush your dentures over a sink that is filled with water or that you have place a soft towel in the bottom of the bowl so if they were to drop they wouldn't break.

Use a denture brush when brushing dentures.

Use a small amount of liquid hand soap and brush your dentures thoroughly. Pay particular attention to any clasps if you have partial dentures.

Rinse well.

You can soak your dentures overnight with a Polident or Efferdent tablet.

Brush your dentures well before inserting in the morning.

If there are hard deposits (tarter) on your dentures you can soak them in vinegar and water (1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup warm (never hot) water) DO NOT USE THIS SOLUTION IF THERE IS ANY METAL ON THE DENTURE!

You can always take your dentures to a dentist or denturist to have them cleaned professionally. Often they will have to be sent to a lab so you will have to be without your dentures for the day.

I hope this helps.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 6, 2010, 09:30 PM

Don't use toothpaste (its too abrasive and will scratch the denture, and those scratches will trap bacteria/odor)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower Dentures Only [ 3 Answers ]

I am contemplating getting a lower denture only and leaving all my top teeth in tact. Has anyone ever done this and is what is recovery time (i.e. when new dentures can be worn) Thanks!

Caps or Dentures? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 60 year old female who has had dental problems, crowns, root canal therapy, etc. all of my life. My dentist told me at my last visit that I need 4 crowns replaced. I'm really tired of spending this much money, which by the way I don't have, and I am considering dentures. What would you...

Upper dentures [ 1 Answers ]

Will be needing upper dentures any advice for me? I am so scared but I really need to do it.I am scared they will look too big like horse teeth I seen that before.

Dentures [ 4 Answers ]

I have dentures and have had them for about 4 years. I keep hearing that if they don't fit right it could be bad for my health. I do glue mine in but I don't really think that they don't fit. Is gluing them in all the time a bad thing to be doing?

Need dentures? [ 0 Answers ]

I am just starting with a new dentist after about 7 years of not seeing one. I have always had bad teeth and dental problems. The situation now is - On the top, I have 3 missing teeth, one tooth half-missing (fillings fell out and it is barely there), three loose teeth due to possible gum...

View more questions Search