Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 10:16 PM
    My Grandfather Frank passed away today.
    Hello all,

It's been just over a month and a half since my grandmother Josephine passed away (her Birthday was March 31st)

Today, April 2nd, around 8:00, my Grandfather passed away. Back in 2007 he was diagnosed with Multiple Meyloma (not sure if that's exactly correct, but it's a form of bone cancer from what I understand) and he was given 3-6 months to live. As you can tell, he lived way passed that. He knew most of the nurses in his ward by name, and they knew him. One of the nurses took a break from his rounds tonight to come and say goodbye to my grandfather. He had been working with him personally off and on since My grandfather was diagnosed, and when my grandfather would come in, there were a number of nurses that would either request my grandfather, or he would request them. It means a lot to me that he was treated so well and was cared for by so many people.
    My Grandfather was very special to me, just as my grandmother was (my mother's father, my father's mother) and I am going to miss him very much.

I was at Target when I found out. My mom called me from the hospital. He was about to celebrate his 67th birthday this coming May.

I want to thank those of you who were there for me when my grandmother died, and I want to let you know that it means a lot to me how much support all of you show.

Life has been giving me the bumpy stuff this year, but just like every other cloud, this one will have a silver lining.

We have always been very close, we had an unspoken understanding. We just knew each other.
    I know the he will be with me in spirit from now on.

I love you Grandpa, and I know that you know that, and will always be looking out for me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 10:23 PM
    Hi, ohsohappy!

Yes, you've been having some bumpy stuff this year! It's all a part of life, though.

My condolences to you and others that are near and dear to you!

I do have some stories for you about relatives that have passed, if you would like to read them.

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 06:28 AM

I was not aware that your Grandmother passed. I'm so sorry about this loss, too. What a shock!

Stay strong and remember to take care of yourself.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:03 AM

The road just has some hurdles, that's all.

We've been having problems paying bills too. My mom had to sell almost all of her books and some more jewlrey to pay the rent and lights. And my father is going to be stopping the child support soon. I don't really have a lot of money and I'm worried that we might be kicked out soon because I'm the only person in the house right now that has a job.

It's just what life is deciding to throw at me and my family for now.

I'm just trying to get through it, and losing my grandparents makes it all the more difficult, because they were two people that I could always go to. My grandfather especially.

I am ready for the hurdles to subside for a while, but apparently the hurdles aren't ready to quit coming at me just yet.
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 10:55 AM

Thank you Judy and Clough. :)
    And Clough, I would love to read/ hear a couple stories you have. :)
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 11:11 AM

Hello Ohso,

I am very sorry to hear that! Really sorry! My Grandmother (84) passed away the night before last. I know how you feel.

I know that both your Grandparents and my Grandmother are in a better place, and yes looking out for us!

My heart goes out to you. God bless!
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
    So, how are you doing now, ohsohappy?

I'll return later this evening to share the stories.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 08:37 PM

I'm doing okay. I mean, he's battled this cancer for 3and a half years. Although it was quick it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Right now I just feel like there's something missing, and there is. I'm always going to miss my grandparents from time to time and that's okay.

It's just a hard time, and I only really know one of my two remaining (biological)grandparents, that's my mom's mother Jolene.She lives in Missouri. I never really knew my grandfather Jerry.

Ruthie (my grandpa's wife) is having the toughest time with this I think. Since he was diagnosed, she was the one taking care of my grandfather. She's been the caregiver and she has been absolutely extraordinary. She's gone above and beyond for my grandfather, and loved him so much. They were together for 14 or more years, and married for 3 (just after he was diagnosed). She's probably my closest "grandparent" remaining.

She made a promise to my grandfather before he passed that she would always be here for me and my family and she said she was going to keep that promise. I'm glad for that because I really love her too.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Ohso.. I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words I can say that will stop the pain in your heart. Grandparents are a blessing! I want you to know you are in my prayers as is the rest of your family. Grief is something we all deal with in our on way.

I believe God gives us strength we don't even know we have and then when we need it we draw on that strength. You have lost so much in the last weeks and you are strong. God Bless You and Keep His arms around you. I will be thinking of you and your family.. Hugs
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Ohso..I am so very soryy for your loss.
    Thank you Kitty. I've been having a tough time this year for one reason or another. I'm just grateful that I have people surrounding me and supporting me. Work has been particularly understanding. I'm so glad people care so much. :)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2010, 09:58 PM

OhSo, I am so sorry for your loss(both). Have peace in knowing that he was well taken care of, and had people with good hearts giving him love.

You should write down some of your fondest memories, and compile photos of him for your children one day. I'm sure that they will love to "know" him too.

Memories have a tendency to fade somewhat with years. Honor your loved ones by trying not to let that happen.

God bless you and the rest of the family.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    OhSo, I am so sorry for your loss(both). Have peace in knowing that he was well taken care of, and had people with good hearts giving him love.

You should write down some of your fondest memories, and compile photos of him for your children one day. I'm sure that they will love to "know" him too.

Memories have a tendency to fade somewhat with years. Honor your loved ones by trying not to let that happen.

God bless you and the rest of the family.
    It's funny that you say that because the paln was to lay out papers and people could write their own memories of him, and so could we, and we were going to compile those in to a "book" for family and friends. :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    It's funny that you say that because the paln was to lay out papers and people could write their own memories of him, and so could we, and we were going to compile those in to a "book" for family and friends. :)
    Good memories and sharing them will help you through these dark days.. Blessings:)
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 12:42 AM
    Oops! I forgot to return! Will wait until you're back on here!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 08:30 AM

I am back on here!
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
    I'm glad that you're back! I'm in the process of moving out from where I've been house and dog sitting for a number of weeks, so time is limited for me on here right now.

I want to be able to take my time for what I would like to write for you.

Later...
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 11:59 AM

Ohso, I'm so sorry. I know you can pull through this though
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    Ohso, I'm so sorry. I know you can pull through this though
    You are definitely right, I most certainly will be okay. :)
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Have moved back into my home.

Need to go to rehearsal.

Stories will appear later tonight...
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2010, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Have moved back into my home.

Need to go to rehearsal.

Stories will appear later tonight...
    I can't wait. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My grandparents has passed and my mother has passed what am I entitled [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans my grandparents died and my mother passed, what am I entitled to because there are houses and money due to my mother, but I do not know much about Louisiana law as far as inheritance. My aunts and uncles are just sitting on the property because they are fortunate enough, but...

My grandfather passed away [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am Carolina and I live in Argentina. I lived a year and a half in New York but still there are cultural things that I don't know how to handle. Last Monday my grandfather passed away and I sent an e-mail to my friends that live in the US and other countries, the ones from US answered me...

Frank Sinatra [ 4 Answers ]

When did he die?

View more questions Search